Tuesday, November 17, 2009

4 Months

Weight: 14 lbs. 6oz. (67%)
Height: 25 1/2 in. (90%)

Eleanor's third month of life was full of lots of firsts, including:

-first road trip
-first time in the exersaucer

-first time rolling from tummy to back (first and only)!

-first Halloween
-first cough (which hasn't seemed to go away)
-first taste of juice

-first play date
Elle with her friend Abby (who's 6 weeks younger)

It was a busy month, but a lot of fun! Elle's becoming more and more playful every day. She no longer likes to just lay- whenever I put her in a reclined position she automatically lifts her head and neck- trying to sit up. She's super chill, easy to please, gives lots of smiles, and rarely cries. Seriously, she probably cries for a few minutes everyday! She's much quieter than her older sister was. Elle's favorite times to coo, babble, and sputter are in the early mornings and before or after naps when it's quiet and she's got mom (and sometimes dad) all to herself.

Here's Elle right after a nap. She was babbling away until I came in and put the camera in front of her. Oh well, it's still cute and I'm sure her grandparents will appreciate it!

Elle's easy-going personality has been so refreshing. I wish I could just sit and snuggle with her for hours- but unfortunately life doesn't allow it, so I truly cherish the quiet moments that we get to spend together, alone.


I've actually felt a little guilty this month, like Elle doesn't get very much one on one time. I think it's just hard after the first child who gets more attention than they probably need, but I feel like Elle spends a great deal of time in her exersaucer, under her gym, in the stroller, car seat, or in her bed. Baths are the one thing I love doing everyday cause at least I know Elle gets those few minutes of undivided mommy time.


But at least Elle has a great love for the one person who's always trying to steal the limelight. Her favorite person has got to be Madilyn! Elle lights up EVERY time Madi comes around. No matter how many times Madi pokes Elle's eyes, shoves toys in her face, or startles her with obnoxious noises, Elle always has a huge smile when she sees Madi.

Sleep training has been a little slow going for me. Elle's sill waking up at night- sometimes once, but usually twice. I really gotta work on not rushing in at her little faint cries. I'm so delirious at night and still in new mommy mode, that I wake up to everything! I usually don't realize what I've done until I'm sitting in her glider feeding her. Plus, going in to give her the binky only results in me having to get up more than twice at night!


Luckily Elle takes great naps during the day. Her morning nap is usually just an hour (I'm guessing because of how crazy our mornings usually are), but I always get a good 3- 31/2 hour nap out of her in the afternoon. Then she's up for only an hour before wanting to go back to bed- hence the early bedtime. Things are getting easier though and I'm definitely feeling more on top of my game.


Oh, and I can't forget to mention how Elle's hair is already starting to change. She has lots of little blond hairs growing in the front. Spencer's excited about her hair changing, but I get sad thinking about Elle loosing her gorgeous dark color!

5 comments:

GO Gray's said...

I love the little videos. A laughing baby is my absolute favorite thing!!!

Dan and Bec said...

I love your pictures, I think I want a camera like yours! Loved the videos! I'm glad Elle is a happy baby and you are feeling like you are on top of the game! Wish we lived closer!

tylerandmommy said...

I LOVE that first picture! I HAVE to show Tyler when he gets up from his nap. He loves Elle soooo much it's so cute! You are lucky to have such a happy baby and two super cute girls.

Jocelyn said...

Ok, so my favorite is the video of Madi and Elle together....SO cute! See you all in 30 days!!!

Terry Family said...

Too cute!