Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009


Dr. Madi to the Rescue!

The theme for Halloween in the Jenkins' home this year was procrastination! I have a list of excuses (and believe me, they're good ones) as to why Madi didn't have a complete Halloween costume until 10 minutes before our ward trunk-or-treat, and why only Madi and I attended the trunk-or-treat, and why I didn't dress up my 3 month old on Halloween night! Basically I'm a lame mom with a bad attitude about the holiday!


Halloween morning I was feeling a little more positive about things though and even decided to come up with a costume for myself. I may not have costumes, but hey- I've got wigs! :) Any guesses of what I was. Hint hint: I wearing my alpaca sweater from Peru.


Luckily Madi scored big at the trunk-or-treat on Friday night because trick-or-treating on Halloween was a major disappointment! It began raining just as we started walking up to our second house of the night. And our neighborhood isn't the easiest to run from house to house- the big staircases tend to slow small children down a bit! So after hitting house #2, we called it quits and headed over to our friends' house for a little Halloween celebration.

Brooklyn, Kate, Madi and Logan listening to instructions before heading out!

Just a few of us that were in costume.

Despite the lack of trick-or-treating, the kids had a great time! The video below is rather long and boring, but probably entertaining for the kids in it (I know Madi likes watching it). Kate definitely gets the award for best dancer. I'm not exactly sure what Madi and Logan were up to, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

And a video from after our trunk-or-treat!

11 comments:

martyrudd said...

CUTE-CUTE-CUTE trick-or-treaters; Madi and Anie that is. Roxy was going to send you a cute halloween costume for Elle. I think it was a flower, but I told her you probably had one left over from Madi so she didn't:( Next time she won't listen to me.

Loved the video of Madi doing her own thing with Logan. Totally listening to her own drummer!! xoxoxMOM

Cristin said...

Hey - Not bad. I would have never guessed that you threw that together so quickly. Good work!

Lis said...

I just almost peeed my pants reading this!!! The part about you and your WIGS! YOU DO HAVE WIGS! I KNOW YOUVE GOT WIGS! Thats so funny! Your costume looked GREAT! BETTER THAN ME!I didnt dress up! But i was just proud getting dressed for the day. I mean, im like super depressed not having an Anie down my street. Its hard to get going these days! ={ Madi looks SOOOOOOOO cute as a Dr! Dr Madi! Lexi and I will watch your videos tomorrow! YEY FOR MORE MADI VIDEOS!

Terry Family said...

Madi looks cute! Why the bad attitude for Halloween? It's not like you had to come up with a Ferret costume.

The Stones said...

happy halloween! looks like a fun time!

Jen said...

I hate Halloween. My kids never have great costumes and I NEVER dress up. However, you and Madi both looked GREAT!

tylerandmommy said...

Cute! I love Madi's costume. Tyler was a knight. He was very adamant about what he wanted to be. I dressed up as a princess for about 20 minutes until my costume kept dragging in the rain and getting stepped on. You should have come trick or treating over here. It stopped raining like 20 minutes after we started and we stayed out for two and a half hours.

tylerandmommy said...

OH and I love your wig!

JoSue said...

Your costume totally looks legit with that wig on so I'd say you didn't a pretty good job for yourself! Madi's costume was perfect and seriously, no one will think less of you because you didn't dress Elle up. I'm sure she slept the whole time anyway. :) Halloween is pretty anticlimatic. The one good thing is that it's ok to eat ridiculous amounts of candy. What was Spencer's costume?? xoxo

Doreen said...

So I didn't know that you have WIGS? What do you have WIGS for?? haha!! My guess is that you were a Pocahontas that descended from Peru, OR maybe you were dressed up as Tisha after visiting Peru. I'll have to show Matt that picture of you with that black wig on and he'll be able to see how you and Tish are sisters now! I don't believe that you're not into Halloween! Common. It was only 2 years ago that you were throwing your awesome Halloween party. Your party that year inspired the catwalk for at our party this year. Where's that witch costume?? I know you've got it SOMEWHERE!!

Jones Family said...

For procrastinating so much you sure pulled off some cool costumes. Madi was a cute little doctor. Gavin liked watching the videos. I asked him if he remembered Madi. He said, "yes, because she shares everything!"
We use that phrase in our family all the time.