Friday, November 13, 2009

The way to my Daughter's Heart

Our landlord stopped by the other day to look at a few things with the house and she came bearing gifts! After she left Madi opened up her present to find a new baby! I don't think our landlord (Kristen- who Madi loving named her new baby after), could have gotten a better gift! Madi was in heaven! She was so excited that she couldn't sleep. So we skipped nap time and walked to the park instead. Madi was thrilled to bring baby Kristen along.

Oh, and the baby coos and babbles. I've already mistaken her for Elle (more than once:)!

PS. Don't worry mom, "purple baby" (which Madi now calls her) is still being loved and adored as well. It's actually nice for Madi to have TWO babies to care for- it's kept her twice as busy!


Of course Elle wasn't forgotten! Our landlord got her this cute little dress. . .

with the most adorable tights!

10 comments:

Safire said...

We have that baby too! Is it sad that I'd like to drop kick it out the door sometimes? All that cooing and babbling gets annoying after awhile! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh your girls are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

martyrudd said...

It's OK for Madi's doll family to grow:) One of the few memories I have as a child is lining up all my baby dolls and passing them the sacrament!! The more dolls there were...the more bread I got to eat. Is that where my love of bread came from??!!

Yes, I love Elle's tights. I haven't seen any like that before, but I'll start looking. xoxoxMOM

Terry Family said...

Eric and I have had fun looking at your blog today! The videos are so cute! The kids are excited to play with their cousins in December. Even if it is only for a day :( We think that Tyler and Madi look a lot alike. You must have just changed the picture at the bottom of your blog. I looked at it a couple of days ago, and it looked just like Tyler before we cut his hair! So, Eric and I looked back to when Madi was one and found the picture. Eric thought it was Tyler! Not that Madi looked like a boy, just some definate family resemblence!

Jones Family said...

Elle is starting to look like a brunett Madi! I'll get a belly pic up. I'm planning on taking one right before I deliver so I can remember how HUGE I got. Can't believe it's our last one.

Lis said...

Thats so cute! Is that a baby alive? I think i saw it at walmart tonight. or last night........ i LOVED its big huge eyes! Madi is TOTALLY a baby girl! Lexi- not so much. She has TONS of them, but she calls her animals her baby... she never plays with her baby dolls. How SA-WEEET of your landlord!!!! Maybe shes sweetening you UP to keep you there! You guys are awesome tenants! I think you should move HERE though, just for the record. =)

Oh and I cant forget ELLE! And her CUTE TIGHTS!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

tylerandmommy said...

Your landlord ROCKS! I am still waiting for mine to get around to re-hanging the shutter that fell off the house like A MONTH ago. It's sitting in my basement and those things are A LOT bigger than they look like. Madi looks like such a sweetie taking care of those babies! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Elle's tights (oh, and her dress, but COME ON...ballet shoe tights!!). I wish they had those when I was little.

Doreen said...

I wish I had your landlord!! Those tights and that outfit are SO cute!! I'm sure baby Kristen is getting a lot of love from little Madi!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

That is SO CUTE! Kate names her babies by what they are wearing too (Pink Baby, Haircut Baby - bet you can't guess what happened to that one!) I love that you mix Elle up with the baby doll - I would do the same thing! We DO need to hang out - I promise I wasn't just USING you as a defense against the unknown piano tuner! (Anyway he thoughtfully brought his wife along) I will invite you over FOR REAL sometime!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Nice landlord! Kate has a baby that looks just like that, but you can feed her and give her a bottle. Such an adorable dolly and Madi!