Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Madi's Big Day

Madi's birthday was a good one! It was nice not having a "friend party" this year (especially since we got back from Ontario the night before). The whole day was devoted to doing what Madi wanted to do (since I can still do this- having only 2 kids and all:). The girls were both up bright and early so we hit up the store at 7am for Madi to pick out her cake, frosting, and ice cream. It was a fun outing- Madi insisted on wearing her birthday crown which even got her some birthday wishes! Madi then later insisted on helping make her cake- cause she's such a big girl now!

She really was on cloud nine the entire day- continually reminding us that she's now three! We played outside, swam in the hot tub, went to the indoor pool, and then had a little family party.
After the candles were blown, I turned for a second, and before I could grab a plate and spoon, Madi had pulled the cake in and was going for her first bite (she must still have some memories from sharing her very first birthday cake with Gram)!
I quickly explained that this was a cake she had to share- and then we cut her a piece. Again, she didn't wait for the spoon but dove right in!
I eventually got her a spoon that she did use, but after a couple minutes she'd pushed her piece aside and was grabbing for the whole cake! Crazy little girl!
After cake we did presents. Madi had opened a few presents a week or so earlier at her combined birthday party for Gram- like "Gram Baby", with a diaper bag full of newborn clothes and accessories:

And a pink and purple trike from Gram Rox (not sure why this line won't erase):

Then while in Ontario, Grandma took Madi shopping where Madi picked out a little dog which (with some coaching) she named "Rowdy":
Luckily we did make sure to save a few other presents for her actual birthday. . .
It was definitely one Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Popi and CeCe said...

Happy Birthday Madi!

Doreen said...

Good to see that Hunter's not the only 3 year old that eats like that! haha!!! I totally wouldn't have expected that out of Madi though!! Happy 3rd!!