Happy New Year! I'm sad for this week to be over. The good thing about New Years is that it gives me a week to recover from Christmas. After Christmas was over I sat and stared at the tree with only pine needles covering our tree skirt underneath. I was sad. Our tree didn't seem as pretty anymore, I felt weird playing Christmas music, and I definitely was not ready to go back to real life. Luckily it was a slow work week at Spencer's office and he was able to work from home 2 of the 4 work days. Then this weekend was perfect- with temps in the 50's we were able to hit up the park, go for a walk, and play outside. Nothing puts me in a better mood than nice weather.
Spencer and I spent a perfect New Year's Eve here at home- alone. We ordered pizza, rented a movie, planned out our goals for the year (my idea of course that Spencer was nice enough to go along with) and stayed up long enough to ring in the New Year!

Aren't my new jammies adorable! :) Spence got em for me for Christmas- they're my first pair of "real" pjs and super comfy- one of my favorite gifts!
The girls were good to us and slept in this morning. Even Elle slept (or at least was quiet) till 7:45am which was a total shock since she'd gone to bed at 5:45pm (14 hours!!! She's never done that before!) I was grateful for the gift of sleep and was able to have a super productive day. Spencer and I got all the Christmas decorations put away, took down the tree, cleaned the house, and just got back from our first date night of the new year (returns, dinner, and car shopping- so romantic!).
I'm not a big fan of setting "New Year's Resolutions" (for some reason New Year's goals get forgotten so much quicker than other goals I set), but this year feels different. Maybe cause I have a lot of things I really want to work on and now seems like the perfect time to start. I really want to get back into regular journal writing. My goal is to write something down everyday about my day- what I did, how I felt, something that drove me crazy, how I coped, etc. It doesn't have to be long, just something. The days I blog I don't have to do a journal entry. I will be recording the rest of my goals for 2011 in this journal.
I have a lot to be grateful for- 2010 was a good year to my family. I'd have to say the best things of 2010 were law school graduation, Spencer passing the CA bar, getting hired at an awesome firm, and moving back to an area we know and love. We don't have big plans for 2011 yet, but one thing I'm really looking forward to this year is starting classes at Washington School of Photography- my first class is next Saturday!
3 comments:
I'm jealous you have time for photography classes! We need to get together soon! Before the next year!
Ya my list of New Year's resolutions is sitting right in front of me at this computer. I'm not a big fan of them either but always feel like I need to make them.
Looks like you guys had a GREAT new years!! Love the pajamas and that date sounds plenty romantic to me! :) Just hanging out is good enough right? I'm so excited for you to start your class and share your knowledge. You already take great pictures so that class will be great for you!!
Love you guys. xoxo
Post a Comment