Aside from this downer, the program really was incredible. There's about 60 kids in the primary and I was super impressed with their enthusiasm. They sang their hearts out and all had their parts perfectly memorized. I loved the class musical numbers, especially the Valiant 10-11 boys (9 total) singing the 4th Article of Faith. But my favorite songs were 1) "Praise to the Man"- the YM and leaders came up after the 1st verse & chorus to sing the 3rd verse with the primary joining in on the chorus. It was cool. 2)They ended the program singing "One in a Million" which I hadn't ever heard before but is a new favorite. I also loved the cute closing remarks from 5 of the primary kids before ending with "One in a Million".
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Primary Program
I've been so excited all year for the primary program. But then was devastated when I found out we were moving and would miss the program in our Gaithersburg 1st ward. Thankfully Spencer's parents ward was holding their primary program on the 30th- so we got here in time for Madi to get a part, and practice all the songs with her new primary friends. She got a part her first Sunday here: "God sent the fish to shore and it spit Jonah out." Her class learned about the story of Jonah and each Sunbeam took a part in telling the story. It was adorable! Madi had her part memorized in one day and I'd have her tell it to me (slowly, loudly, and clearly) almost every single day. She did great! The program was wonderful- amazingly organized. But there was one thing that put a major damper on the program for Spencer and I. It was the little girl who sat across the aisle from Madi. On every single song, when the kids stood up to sing, the class across the aisle moved in next to Madi's class. And this girl (not sure how old, but about twice the size as Madi) would come and stand so close to Madi- almost like she was trying to push Madi over. I noticed Madi trying to move over more, but the girl just cramped her more. Then I noticed the girl stepping on Madi's feet!! OH, I was SO furious!! I wanted to march up there and take this girl out of the program. I was trying to get Madi to look at me, but this girl wouldn't leave Madi alone. And the girl wouldn't look up either- she kept looking down at Madi with this mean look on her face. Luckily, Madi still belted out a few songs. I was just bummed that for several of the songs Madi was too distracted trying to get this bully girl to leave her alone, that she wasn't singing. It's amazing how this kind of stuff boils your blood as a parent, wanting to protect your child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No pictures? Just kidding! I'm sure the program was really great, and Madi did great! That is always my favorite Sunday!
I"m impressed with your primary presidency giving Madi a part. I"m sure she did great. I like the idea of a young class telling a scripture story.
Isn't it amazing how quickly that mama-bear instinct kicks in if we see our kids being miss treated!
Hey, where can I find this song "One in a Million"? I've never heard the title before and would love to find it. xoxoMOM
Post a Comment