Monday, December 30, 2013

21 months

Had some cute pics of our little man, so thought I'd do a quick update now that he's 21 months old!

Calvin LOVES mint - gum, candy canes, breath mints - he loves it all. I can't leave my toothpaste laying around or he'll grab it and just sit and suck on it! We cant keep chap stick around either because he eats it all! Crazy boy!

His favorite phrase this past month was "Stop it!" The girls and I had to consciously work on taking this phrase out of our vocabulary and replacing it with other things like, "I love you".

He also loves telling me to "look". He's constantly wanting to show me everything - all the necklaces he's wearing, that he's put his jacket on, his cute smile, a new hat, or even just when he wants my attention. I love hearing this little voice say,"Mama look, Mama look". Then he'll move onto "Elle look." "Madi look." It's adorable!
He says things in complete sentences now. Instead of just saying "moon" he'll now say, "there's the moon". I actually just noticed it the other night in one of the books we've read together since he was a baby. He started pointing to everything saying, "that's a bone", "there's the swing", "it's a carrot", etc. I've been loving all the conversations we're able to have now.

Cal's definitely become one of the kids. He's super observant of everything his sisters do (yes, I constantly have to remind the girls about what kind of example they're setting). I'll ask a question - "who wants _______?" Cal used to hear them say, "I do, I do" or "Meeee" and then he'd copy them, but now he'll try to say it before they do. He always wants to join in on the fun!

Calvin's had all sorts of weird sleep habits this month - least favorite being waking up at 4:30am for a week straight! I refused to get him til 6, but it's still not fun hearing him calling for me that early. I started learning that I can't let him take as long of naps in the afternoon. Two hours is all he needs for him to still sleep 11 hours at night (rarely does 12 hours).

Early wake-ups made it especially hard on the days we had to run errands at 10am:

 And tired boys = cranky boys!

 Much rather prefer my happy boy:

And I adore how much he loves his books!

Can hardly believe that TWO is just around the corner!

No comments: