Sailing on January 1st:
Staying up for ice cream with dad:
Lots of trips to the library:
Madi's hairstyle this month - I refuse to let her wear it down cause I'm terrified of her getting lice again.
Madi's CTR 7 primary class sang "Baptism" in sacrament on the 11th. They did a fabulous job. It's gonna be exciting to watch all these kids get baptized this year!
Cal's had a fear of going to joyschool this month. I've left him crying every time, but then he always ends up having so much fun!
He definitely prefers to have his friends come to our house for school though!
A Saturday morning at the zoo:
Followed by an afternoon at the beach! I LOVE January in CA!
Cal loves working at the girls school with me. Motor lab (PE for the kindergartners) started this month and afterwards we always walk with Elle's class to lunch. Cal loves his buddy Maddi.
It will be fun to see if they end up in the same kindergarten class in a few years!
I absolutely love spending my days with SUPER Calvin!
I've been struggling with some things lately and so one night Spencer typed me up my own personal "mid-life crisis" checklist - of things I want to do to get out of this rut I've been in. One of my things was to do fun stuff as a family on Saturdays. I feel like I'm always on the kids to get their stuff done and I just want to enjoy them more. Last Saturday we went bowling:
Later that afternoon (while Cal was napping) Spencer and I were able to sneak away and fit in a trip to the temple. Sometimes it seems like such a pain and a lot of hard work to get to the temple, but once we we get there it's always worth it.
Celebrated Grandpa Al's birthday on the 28th:
A Friday day off of school means a walk to the frozen yogurt shop . . .
a ride on the carousel . . .
and then a trip around Camarillo on the local trolley!
Made pretzals twice this month:
We ended the month with a family hike to Paradise falls.
I was so impressed with what good hikers our kids were. Cal hiked 3 miles straight. I only have to carry him once for a few minutes.
I took turns carrying each kid for a few minutes!
It was an absolutely gorgeous hike and a perfect ending to the month!





































1 comment:
Wow sounds like a great January! I love love love madi's hair it is soo pretty! Wish my mom could have the patience to do that!!
Post a Comment