Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Birthday to Calvin!!

My baby boy is now THREE! 
We celebrated in the morning with streamers, balloons, presents from Madi and Elle, and a big pancake breakfast.
After getting Madi off to school at 8am and Elle at 9am, we joined Elle's class at 9:15 to help with art. I love that I can take Cal when I work in the classroom. He's so easy going and just sat at his little table eating snacks and playing with blocks. 
After art we had an hour of down time before meeting up with some of Cal's little joy school buddies at the park. Leading up to Cal's birthday, I had asked him what he wanted to do on his birthday and he always said he wanted cupcakes, so I made sure that's what he got on his special day. 
I was glad he had some time to play with all his favorite friends!
Knox and Macee . . . 
Heidi - who's not in his joy school group but we see her at school drop off every morning and Cal just loves her! I love what good little friends they are!
Cal's buddy Drew - who broke his leg awhile back. Drew is one of my favorite friends for Cal because they get along so perfectly. I love Drew's chill, easy-going personality. 
After the park we came home, read stories, and took naps before the girls got home from school. Then at 3pm we loaded up and went swimming at the Nelson's neighborhood pool. Cal has such an aversion to pools so I was glad that he finally warmed up and let me put his swimming suit on and he actually put his feet in the water.
He wasn't too happy when Knox started splashing though. 
We went straight from swimming to dinner at Pizza Rev where Spencer met up with us. 
After dinner we went to the church to set up for our big Primary activity (post on that coming later).
We were home by 7:30 with just enough time for cupcakes and ice cream with the girls, and one more present - from Spencer and I.
Here's what Spencer and I got for him: 
Oh, we also got him a big boy bed which Spencer set up Saturday afternoon. We were all sad to say good-bye to the crib, but we knew it was time. My baby is growing up too fast!
On Sunday we got to celebrate Cal's birthday at Boppi and Grandpa Al's house with cousins. Spencer made a pretty amazing volcano birthday cake - complete with steam coming out!
Spencer tells Cal an "adventure story" every night before bed and there is usually a volcano at some point in each of their adventures, so Spence felt this would be a fitting cake to document Cal's third year of life!
Happy HAPPY Birthday to our handsome 3 year old who brings so much happiness and love into our lives and our home. We love you Calvin!

No comments: