Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back to School 2015-2016

Tuesday, August 25th was Madi's first day of 3rd grade. A couple of weeks before school started she got into Cape Charter school and after an hour of crying and praying, I knew it was where she needed to be. It was a huge decision for me, mostly because I love Tierra Linda - I love being down the street from school. I love that we can ride our bikes/run/walk to and from school. I love that I'm comfortable with how everything runs there, but I also felt strongly that Cape would be a good move long term for our family. Since only Madi got in this year, I was sad thinking about my girls not being be at the same school this year (siblings have priority at Cape so I'm pretty sure Elle will get in next year). Madi didn't blink twice about her move to a new school though! She was super excited!! 
I made special pancakes for breakfast and then we were on our way!
I have to admit, I was pretty nervous dropping her off. A new school, new teachers, new kids . . . this whole decision was a really big deal and it's going to take a lot of sacrifice for our family. I did pretty well with the drop off until we got into her classroom and had to say goodbye. I was so glad Uncle Bobby had come along for moral support on this big day for Madi.
Madi got a little emotional as we were saying goodbye, which made me all emotional, and I totally lost it outside her classroom, Thank goodness for Alexis who was there saying goodbye to Austin (who's in Madi's class this year). She's such a dear friend who helped me get through it and let me cry on her shoulder. I was fine by the time we got home but then Elle went and checked the mailbox and found the sweetest note from her new 1st grade teacher.

These sweet letters made me cry all over again! I feel so blessed that Elle got the BEST 1st grade teacher this year. Makes me feel better about having Elle stay at Tierra Linda and I think it's gonna help make this year, with the girls at different schools, more bearable for me. 

Wednesday, the 26th, was Elle's first day of school so she got her 1st grade pancake! 
My attempts to take a picture of my two school girls started out really rough and they couldn't stop laughing

 Finally they settled down for a second.
Cal and I had a super fun day full of shopping - Costco just the 2 of us was heavenly, TJ Max, Bed Bath, Beyond, Nordstrom Rack and then lunch with dad:
I sure enjoyed the peace and quiet the first day of school brought, but boy were we excited to go pick up the sisters after school!! 
Back to school was a total success!!

No comments: