Sunday, November 29, 2009

Post Thanksgiving Fun!

Four full days spent as a family was just what I needed to help get me through these next 2 1/2 weeks (18 days:) until we head off to California for Christmas!! The rest of our Thanksgiving weekend was spent shopping, visiting family, hanging out with friends, watching some football and enjoying time together at home.

On Saturday we spent the morning with my cousin Jenna and her family. They live in Virginia (only a 30 minute drive away) and we see them on an average of once a year- how sad is that!?! Jenna and I decided that THIS must change- we've already set a date to get together this coming Saturday (for Xander's Suzuki Flute Ensemble at the temple visitor's center).

Madilyn loved hanging out with her cousin Eleanor (who's 2 years older). They are seriously two peas in a pod- Jenna and I had some good laughs about our crazy girls who bring so much lovely drama into our lives!

Cousin Jason (an incredible concert violinist) gave Madi her first violin "lesson" while we were there!

Thanks Day Family for the fabulously fun morning!

6 comments:

martyrudd said...

Oh this is so cute!! I really loved Madi and Eleanor singing the ABC's!! Did I even hear some harmony?? Can't wait to see you guys in just a few weeks:):):)
xoxoxoMOM

martyrudd said...

Oh this is so cute!! I really loved Madi and Eleanor singing the ABC's!! Did I even hear some harmony?? Can't wait to see you guys in just a few weeks:):):)
xoxoxoMOM

* said...

Beautiful family, lovely blog.

My husband is a violinst (a big hobby). We got our kids a small violin and they are learning. It's fun to see them bloom musically.

Lollidale Farm said...

How cute is Madi with that violin!! Guess what?! We're heading out of town for Christmas too! I can't wait!

Lis said...

Aw! Thats so cute! I love Madi! Shes looking like such a BIG GIRL! We miss you guys!!!!! And Chef Spencer is also an ARTIST?????????????? I guess I knew that. But I mean, COME ON!?? WHAT CANT HE DO??? Oh wait- he cant SEW (well) but thats probably it. That kid has TALENT!

tylerandmommy said...

Awww! Madi looks so grown up and serious with that violin. I bet she was in HEAVEN, even though it was a 1 second lesson.