Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Strange Sleep Habits

See this delicious gift basket-
Spencer's firm sent it to us after Elle was born. Once all the yummy goodies were devoured, I kept the tin, knowing I'd find a good use for it later. Sure enough, when Madi moved into the office, I filled the tin with a bunch of her favorite stuffed animals, never thinking that Madi would have other intentions for it. It's hard, cold, and I'm sure not comfortable- but for some reason Madi considered this metal basket the perfect place to sleep!


What a peculiar child! Not only did Madilyn insist on sleeping in there, but she liked to move it under Spencer's desk to sleep.
Maybe it gave her a sense of privacy, or maybe she felt safer under there. Whatever the reasons, after finding her curled up in this basket for several naps and in the middle of the night, I decided to remove the tin from her room completely. I felt a little bad about taking it away from her- she liked to use it as a boat in the mornings to sit in and read all those intriguing law books she'd find under the desk!


After taking away her basket, Madi decided to set up camp on the hard, plastic, desk mat. And of course she always ended up completely uncovered and probably freezing since the office is the coldest room in our house! So then I decided to move her tent into the office. Perfect solution! I'd shut the tent door and she'd stay put, usually falling asleep pretty quickly.

Unfortunately the tent was short lived. After a week of sleeping in there (for naps and at night), Madi's now back to sleeping in her bed. But who knows what other weird sleep habits this little girl has up her sleeve. One thing's for sure, she's always keeping us on our toes!

Oh, and as for the basket- I moved it downstairs and it's become quite the popular place to play!

PS. I do change my child's clothes! How she happened to be wearing the same thing in every single picture and the video is beyond me. What can I say, they're her favorites!

10 comments:

Terry Family said...

Jocelyn used to fall asleep in the strangest places. My favorite was finding her asleep in the garage next to the cats food. She must have gone out to watch the cat eat and fell asleep! Madi will laugh at those pictures someday!

JoSue said...

Seriously, you wonder why you buy toys for your kids when they are equally or even more entertained by buckets and boxes! Those pictures are hilarious though! I think she got the Rudd sleeping gene. The ability to fall asleep ANYWHERE! xoxoJo

Tisha said...

that is hilarious! I can't believe she feel asleep in that thing- and more than once! crazy! like a little kitty cat!!

Anie said...

That's what I should have titled this post- Our Little Kitty Cat!!! :)

Safire said...

Aww, she looks so cute all curled up in that box! :)

Jocelyn said...

So I got on to leave a comment about how mom and dad have funny pictures of me sleeping in weird places but I guess Lindsay beat me to it! :) Oh and I love in the video when Madi finally notices that she is being taped and she starts laughing...so cute!! See you guys in 18 days!

Cothran Family said...

That is hillarious Anie! I love those pictures. She looks adorable all snuggled in that tin:)

Jones Family said...

14 more days!!!
Ok on to your post...
I love that you document all the funny things Madi does. She is such a creative little child.

Andrew said...

THAT- is a Kodak moment there! (Are you old enough to remember that commercial?)
It's absolutely precious!

tylerandmommy said...

First off I think it's totally RAD that she is wearing the SAME thing in EVERY single picture. I am SO going to tell everyone you don't change her clothes. Ok so I won't cause I have seen her wearing other stuff, but it's funny. Definitely use those pictures to show her boyfriends when she is older. "Look my daughter used to sleep in a tin. MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!" And lastly we need to get pics of the twins. And by the twins I mean Madi and Tyler. Everyone who DIDn'T know you at the resource center asked if they were twins or at least cousins. I'll be Madi's aunt...I'm cool with that.