Friday, May 14, 2010

Just so busy

I'm a little behind on my blogging. I've got to catch up and record all the fun we had with Melissa, Brian, and Lexi last week, not to mention our Mother's Day weekend getaway to Williamsburg, VA. It was a super fun week and a half (post coming soon)! Then we got home on Tuesday night and I started to feel the pressure. As Spencer left for work Wednesday morning he layed it on thick about "starting the packing" and "using my time wisely". I kindly reminded him that taking care of our girls is using my time wisely. But truthfully I'm just procrastinating. I don't want to think about packing, letting my house become a disaster, and saying goodbye to all my things for who knows how long! Plus my mom's gonna be here in one week and she's so good at all of it! Really, I'm a terrible packer and I need some direction. Luckily Madi's pretty motivated. I walked into her room yesterday to find a suitcase open and her piling clothes into it. I asked her what she was doing and she tells me, "I'm packing mom. I'm just so busy." While listening to her comment on each article of clothing going into the suitcase I quickly grabbed the camera and asked her to smile. Her response, "I can't mom. I'm just so busy."
Well, I guess I better go get busy too. In two weeks from today the moving truck comes to take all our stuff away. This has all happened way too fast!

6 comments:

Jones Family said...

Spencer sounds like Kevin. It's just not fun to move and some how they think that since you are home all day long you have plenty of time to pack!
Hope we get to see you guys when you're in California and you can get settled quickly.

Dan and Bec said...

I can't believe your time here is coming to an end so soon. I just wish we had done more! I know you have a zillion things to do but please let me know if I can help (babysit? packing--i'm a pro!?)

Popi and CeCe said...

Seems imposssible you have been east THAT long! Busy, Busy. Cutie Madi!

Terry Family said...

Anie, good luck with packing! I know it stinks, but I guess when we signed up to be a mom and stay home, we also signed up to pack up the house, do the laundry, clean the bathrooms, cook the majority of the meals, vacuum, mop, change most diapers,plan/pack/prepare for vacations, teach the kids, play with the kids, entertain the kids, and the list goes on and on. Get it done now, so you can party with my parents and Jocelyn this weekend!

Safire said...

I can't believe it's so soon! *sniff* I'm going to miss you.

Julie Dalley said...

Good luck with everything!I miss you guys so much...I love your little family, so dang cute!
Congratulations Spencer on being done with school! yay!!
You should check out my sister's blog too. Jourdan finally brought her baby home!! skylarjeansjourney.blogspot.com

Love ya!