Sunday, January 23, 2011

Madi's Debut

Madi had her first public singing performance today. Her little sunbeam class (which consists of 5, but only 3 regularly come) was the "special musical number" during sacrament meeting. I thought it was only going to be her and Tyler up there, but luckily Dresdin made it back this week and went up to join them. Madi and Tyler were the only ones singing, but they definitely didn't lack volume. They did AWESOME!!

I put Spencer on secret recording duty. He said you're not supposed to record in the chapel but I'm a rebel and begged Spencer to record it discretely... just so that I could listen to it later. He only managed to catch the last part of it- still cute though and I'm glad I have it.
L-R in the video: Madi's teacher, Dresdin, Madi and Tyler
After church I asked Madi, "How do you feel?" She responds, "I feel GREAT!! I feel great because I did great in sacrament meeting!"

8 comments:

Summer said...

love her confidence, she's right - she was GREAT! i think everyone was smiling from ear to ear during the performance :) and for the record i totally agree that something that cute has to be documented!

Safire said...

It was the hit of the meeting! They were adorable!

GO Gray's said...

super cute Anie!!! Olivia is by me watching and she said, "wait that is the little girl with the flowered swim suit like me." she keeps asking to watch it over and over. I bet Spencer was totally nervous to get that too.

Karlie Ann Ady said...

They seriously did so well!

Stacie said...

It was awesome and our favorite part of church. We were just sad Samantha slept through it!

Dan and Bec said...

They gave me goose bumps! What cuties! We were all grinning from ear to ear watching them!

Doreen said...

THAT is SO cute. Madi's not even my little girl and I'm proud of her for doing such a good job!! Holy cow. I'm going to have to look into getting a phone with a video camera on it so I can do secret recordings too :) haha

martyrudd said...

Way to go MADI!!! and Spencer....ummm I think that's the first time I've seen a video taken during sacrament meeting. I can't really reprimand you tho, as I LOVED being able to see it. In fact, I would have loved hearing the entire song!! Thanks for sharing. xoxoxMOM