Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow Day


It still cracks me up how DC totally shuts down when we get a good snowstorm. Anyone from snow country would laugh in our faces. As crazy as I think it is, I completely love living somewhere that closes schools, businesses, and anything government employed for a few inches of snow and icy roads. Wednesday night we got our first snowstorm of the winter season. I'm not a big fan of snow and cold, but I do love a good storm. And the best part about it was that Spencer didn't have to go into work the next day. He did work from home, but him just being here makes everything so much better. The girls act better, they eat better, and they argue less. Why is that?!

Another pro of snow: it makes our ugly dead forest a lot prettier!

Highlights of our snow day:
* Playing out in the snow with the girls. We didn't last long- mostly cause Elle wasn't feeling that great, but it sure was fun while it lasted! Madi's at a super fun "play in the snow" age- she would have stayed out there for a couple hours if I would have let her.
* Being able to go out with Madi during Elle's nap (part of winter that's so hard for me is not getting out enough).
* Ordering pizza and renting "The Social Network" for a date night in with Spencer.

3 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

You're girls are so cute! What a good big sister to pull her in the sled.

Terry Family said...

We have already had 3 snow days this winter! I'm guessing we will have a couple more this week, too. The girls look cute in their snow gear! Tyler wasn't walking last winter, so it's kind of fun this year, putting him in his snow clothes and boots. He looks so cute and he loves shoveling the snow!
Enjoy the winter!

martyrudd said...

These pictures help to count my many blessings: 1) no snow days in California 2) no snow days in California and 3) no snow days in California!! But I love seeing my Jenkins girls playing in the snow. Love you guys....xoxoxoMOM