Sunday, February 20, 2011

3 Girls

For the past month I've been watching Samantha Musgrave (who's now 5 months old) in the mornings (from 8:30- noon). When Stacie and I first talked about our arrangement I was a little unsure- I truthfully doubted my ability to take care of three girls, 3 and under. I thought for sure it'd be too much and I'd be overwhelmed. But we also first talked about it at a time when Madi was going through a particularly difficult stage (one that thankfully she's pretty much grown out of). But just after a week with Samantha I knew it was something I could do. She's adorable, the girls love her, and I actually like that it's keeping me fresh with all the baby stuff (so it won't be so incredibly foreign to me by the time I have a third:).

Elle watches out the window every morning for Samantha ("Manth" as Elle calls her) to arrive. Having a real baby around has been so much fun for Elle. I have to watch her closely though- she has a tendancy to invade the personal space. see below. Samantha's got the "Help, don't leave me alone with this crazy girl!" look.

Madi on the other hand just wants to help. She's not too overwhelming and does a great job keeping Samantha happy.

5 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

I'm still alive and finally remembered to check your blog again! It looks like your girls are having a lot of fun with Samantha and she looks like a happy baby! Now you need a minivan. And a long talk with your girls in case your third child is a BOY! Mwah ha ha ha! Boys are made of something much different... P.S. When can we hang out again?

martyrudd said...

I know you can do it, Anie. You are an amazing mama and 3 little girls runs in our family. (Remember I'm the baby of 3 little girls and so are you!!)
What is Stacey going to do when you head out to California for Karlee's wedding? xoxoxoMOM

Stacie said...

Samantha LOVED looking at the pictures on this post. She just loves you and the girls - and Scott and I are SOO appreciative of all you do!! My favorite was sitting in sacrament meeting and when you gave the opening prayer Samantha totally perked up and wanted to turn around to see you. Thanks for taking such awesome care of Samantha - it makes going back to work much much easier!

Doreen said...

soooo....does this mean you're ready for another girl? :)

Erin said...

Anie! So good to catch up on the last few posts... sounds like life is great! I miss you!