Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Visit from Mom, North Carolina and new baby Ezra

It was so wonderful having my mom here- Spencer and I are extremely grateful for her help and willingness to come out and stay with the girls while we went to Youth Conference. It was fun having her here for Madi's birthday. I also loved team teaching with her in primary. And I will forever cherish all the primary posters she made for me to help make music time that much more exciting for the kids! Thanks so much mom!
We had a little belated birthday party for mom the Sunday after she arrived- this was the dessert mom requested I make! Delicious!

We knew the fun with Gram had to end eventually- exactly one week after mom flew into DC, we packed up and headed off to North Carolina. We got to the Calhoun's just in time for dinner on Wednesday, June 29th. We brought the rest of Madi's rainbow cake with us to share in honor of Madi's birthday and her cousins surprised her with a late birthday gift- a "Tangled"/ Rapunzel barbie doll (the one thing Madi had been asking for and didn't get- thanks Calhouns:). She was ecstatic!

The next two days were spent playing with Gram, cousins, and loving new baby Ezra (born June 14th).
I was able to take a bunch of pictures of Tisha's kids while I was there- this is one of my favorite's of Ezra.

Madi was not angry here- she was checking to see what type of "tough" face to make before their water fight!

Elle joining in on the action!

More outdoor fun with Gram!

Their neighborhood pool was awesome! We went for a couple hours on Thursday.

I love this pic of Madi and Ani mostly cause I have one just like it of me (around the same age) reading with my favorite cousin Eliza.
But the video of them reading together is even better!

Picnic lunch followed by rainbow cake= all smiles (well, mostly all smiles)

4th of July art work

The Calhoun's playroom is always a favorite for my girls. They spent hours and hours playing dress-up!

Elle just recently started smiling (and even semi "posing") in pictures. I love how she jumped in on this one!
This one totally cracks me up because after Elle got dressed I told her to smile so I could take a picture. She walks over to the kitchen, leans up against it (as shown) and then smiles! Perfect!

But this next one is my all time favorite . . .
What an absolute doll! I am so in love with this little girl!

Not the best picture of Ezra, but I had to document how wonderfully sweet Elle was with Ezra.

We LOVE our Calhoun cousins!!!
It was a fast trip, but as always- tons of fun! The girls and I left bright and early Saturday morning to head back to DC. We hate to be away from Spencer especially on the weekends, plus Adam was in town and I wanted to make sure that we all got to hang out together. We're just glad our Calhoun cousins live only a short 5 hour drive away- we're looking forward to seeing them again in November!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I love how you try to act like you can't cook! That dessert looks amazing.
Those pictures of Elle posing for the camera MELT MY HEART. How is she that cute??? Well, I guess I know...good genes.

Terry Family said...

Three things...
1. Congratulations to Tisha! Is that #4?
2. Elle looks like a little Julia Child standing in front of the kitchen. Too cute!
3. It looks like Elle is ready to be a big sister.

Love looking at your blog! We miss you guys! Have a fun summer!

JoSue said...

Wow....so much to comment on! Madi hating the splashing in the pool...so funny. Your Fourth of July cake, your Rainbow cake...LOOK SO DELICIOUS! Next family gathering you are going to hold a cake-baking class and teach me all your tricks. Seriously.

Happy belated birthday to Miss Madi! Four...wow. So fun to hear about all her anticipation and excitement about birthday number five! :)

We were jealous not to be around with everyone in North Carolina. Looked like a fun, enjoyable time with bubbles, swimming, dress up, and baby Ezra. Did I read that you can't wait until November to see everyone again? Are you guys going to Utah for the wedding?

Love and miss you. So glad you keep us well updated on all your summer fun! xoxo

Papa said...

These are PRICELESS! I only wish I could have beent here with you! What a fun time! Love You, Daddy