Spencer took off for California yesterday morning. Surprisingly the girls remained composed and handled the goodbye really well. It was me who was the big cry baby and had to be comforted by my 2 and 4 year old daughters (I love how Elle knew exactly how to make it better- a back scratch, hugs, and kisses). Moving is very emotional for me. It's a lot of work, a lot of stress, and a lot of craziness. Spending the week packing Spencer up, cleaning out his side of the closet, donating his fish (I wasn't about to be put in charge of his fish tank after his departure), buying packing supplies (Spencer wanted to make sure I was set for what lies ahead- ug), etc was super draining. But truthfully the hardest part about saying goodbye was realizing that Spencer will never be back to this house again. Watching him drive away made me feel very very alone. If my parents weren't coming out I'd be totally freaking out (ok, I never would have agreed to staying behind if they weren't coming out). But I do know I can handle it. Spencer already has a flight booked for Sept. 3rd- the day we head to the Outer Banks for a solid week of playing together at the beach. I can hardly wait- only 13 days away!!
And since Spencer is driving out my (now his) Altima to CA, we knew I'd be needing a new car- or rather a VAN!! Yep, we did it- we bought a van! And I LOVE it. . . every bit of it! And the girls have been just as excited about it! They beg to go for rides, they love the automatic doors, they love being able to get in and out by themselves, and the best part- there's not been any fighting in the car since we got it a week ago! It really is incredible! I am one happy mama!

4 comments:
Love Love Love it! I really love the color. I'm sure you look great driving that around. :) So glad to hear the girls are a bit happier. Maybe driving cross country won't be so bad after all right?
I stole that picture of Clark and the girls. It is adorable. I loved hearing the recap of his short trip. Such a bummer that it turned out that way but I'm glad he got to see you. We can't wait to see you again in just a couple months although I'm sure you'll be itching to just get to California.
Just be ready to watched Tangled over and over and over and over on your DVD players. :) Lots of love. Hang in there this next month. You can do it!! xoxo
I loved our honda odyssey. My suburban doesn't have the automatic doors and I miss that.
I CRINGED the day we bought a minivan. I did not want to be that person. Now I would NEVER go back. It looks awesome. Congrats!
P-I-M-P!!!!!!! Anie!!!!!!!!!!! Ill still be driving my beater car for like another 8 years.............. Ive beat it into the garage wall everytime I go in or out...... haha.
Post a Comment