I really wanted to think of some fun/creative way of announcing baby Jenkins #3, but truthfully this pregnancy is already a lot different than the others. I haven't had much time to think about it (we've kinda had a lot going on around here these past 3 months:)! But I'm surviving- now in my second trimester- I'll be 14 weeks on Tuesday! Wanted to compare my 13 week progression with last pregnancy, so for record keeping sake I snapped a picture (or two). I tried to recreate the same pic from last pregnancy, but I don't think I turned to the side enough. And self timers are so annoying that I finally gave up.

My belly really is quite big (at least it feels that way), but all of the pics made it look just like a pudgy tummy- hence one of the reasons I despise this stage so much. No one's gonna ask if I'm pregnant- it just looks like I gained a few.
The next pic isn't the greatest, but I think it shows my belly better. Right?!

Madi loved this little photo session. She's all about taking pictures these days (she used her little camera while I did the self timer). And she's all about telling me how big my belly is looking everyday. She'll pat it and say, "Whoa mom, your belly is getting SO big!" I love it though. I love how excited she is about this baby coming. Elle's excited too, but mostly just to join me on doctor's visits. When we talk about seeing the baby Elle will immediately add, "And I go to the doctor and I be so brave!"
As for how I'm feeling, my legs are already way worse than last time (hard to believe)! I've been wearing the compression stockings for several weeks now. Big bulgy veins are spreading up my left leg and crazy spidery veins down (almost to my ankle) on my right leg. Left leg is much more painful than the right, but both just as ugly. It's definitely my biggest complaint while pregnant. I was nauseous the entire first semester, but I never threw up. And I'm crazy exhausted and in need of at least one nap a day, but I usually always get it- so no complaints there. My energy level usually returns once I hit the second semester, so I'm not too worried about my weak morning work-outs. It's just my dang painful legs that drive me absolutely crazy! Well, and the fact the the compression stockings I'm supposed to wear make me feel claustrophobic and don't allow me to wear flip flops (my daily shoe of choice).
I loved being pregnant the first time, was ready to get pregnant the second time, but I have to admit- this time I've been a little less than excited. I mean really- am I thrilled about gaining 30 pounds and suffering through 6 more months of painful, achy legs?? Definitely not! But do I want more kids? For sure! So I guess it's inevitable that I'm gonna have to go through it all again. I really am excited about this baby though and can't wait to get to CA, find a doctor, and find out the sex!! We should know by the end of next month! Of course Spencer and I both want a boy and Madi actually insists that it is a boy. But for some reason I can't help but refer to it as "she" and "her". And truthfully, I think 3 little girls in a row is so adorable. Not sure if I'm up for more drama, but I'm definitely not opposed to another baby girl.
4 comments:
Anie you're gorgeous! I'm sorry your legs are so painful during pregnancies. Most "symptoms" of pregnancy do stink don't they!! We hope you get your boy (but you do make adorable girls!).
UM......... DUDE. You are TINY. And yes.......im on your blog! YEY! You look great tho! Its sad that Im 3 weeks behind you and im looking like im 3 months ahead. DANG IT! Oh well. Heres to the SPRING and getting skinny again! We should do a race together to celebrate! =)
Congrats! You look adorable (and tiny!) Hang in there, we are looking forward to knowing you are in California!
Cheryl
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys! You are a wonderful mom.
I'm sorry your life is so crazy!!! Good luck getting through the rest of the month. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment