Sunday, October 2, 2011

Relief

My parents are here now and what a relief it is! An incredible weight lifted off my shoulders the moment they walked in the door. Yes, my house is a complete disaster, covered with boxes, packing supplies, suitcases, and remaining items to be packed, but it's the happiest I've been in the last 3 weeks! My mom's a packing machine. It really is incredible how she just gets right in and knows exactly what to do. In 4 hours mom filled more boxes than I think I filled all week. As always, I stood by in a complete daze. While mom packed away, Dad did all the tasks I haven't been able to figure out- like fixing the fan that's stood "broken" in the corner of Madi's room for the last week. In a matter of seconds he had it taken apart and running again! Amazing! And just to have another adult around to help me with the girls is more than I could have asked for. I think I only had to deal with one tantrum last night- mom and dad quickly extinguished all the others. I went to bed last night with an overwhelming feeling of comfort- that everything's going to be ok. Something about having my mom and dad sleeping down the hall made me feel like a little kid again- safe and taken of. Thanks mom and dad for being here for me.

2 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

Awww yay for mom and dad!! I'm glad there are there to help and you get to see your boo again soon. I'll miss you though...

Papa said...

We sure had fun being with you guys and so excited that you will be closer now. Love you all Daddy