Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bustin' out the pool!

The other day Spencer and I were talking about how crazy it is that it's already the end of February. Spencer then reminds me, "It's cause we live in California now." Which is so true- those dreaded winter months always seemed SO long when we were living on the east coast. I remember being stuck inside for days and not wanting to leave the house cause of how dang cold it was. January and February seemed like they'd never end. But out here, the "winter months" are just as beloved as spring, summer, and fall. I know, I can't stop talking about how much I love living here (and it will probably take me an entire year to get used to it), but it really is perfect. This morning the girls and I dropped the van off for an oil change, walked over to Pitts Ranch park to join 5th wards weekly park day. Then on our walk back to get the car it was getting nice and toasty and I mentioned something about getting out the pool later. Of course Elle wouldn't let me live that comment down. She woke me up from my 15 minute nap this afternoon bugging me about the pool. So out it came! Elle had a blast splashing around for the next 45 minutes. After picking up Madi from school, almost the entire yard was in the shade, but the girls still managed to enjoy every last bit of sunlight!

I love this last picture. I never want to forget all the little moments of my girls sitting together just talking and telling stories.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That's it, I want to move to California too!!! Love the last picture. Those are the moments for sure.

Dan and Bec said...

It looks like Summer! We have had one sickness after the next, I can hardly wait for warmer weather!!!
I love how long Elle's hair is!

Unknown said...

I have to agree, I love the last picture! Such a cute candid shot to remember a sweet relationship between sisters.

I don't think I can show this post to Jeremy though...It would make him too sad as all we have outside right now is piles of snow :( we are jealous!