So much to update, but I feel like I should start with Spencer (I rarely mention him on here- sorry babe)! He's been at his new firm for 6 months now- totally loves it and really couldn't be happier. Work is going well and keeping him very busy. When he first started, back in August, the partners assured him that he wouldn't be getting his first case for probably 3 months. Well, at his 3 month mark he was up to about 6 cases. And now at his 6 month mark he's got 12 going full force! Pretty exciting to hear how well he's doing and how quickly he's picking up on all of it, but it also makes for a very busy husband. I was so looking forward to this President's Day weekend- just spending time as a family. Bobby and Amy were originally supposed to be coming for a visit, but that trip fizzled and hopefully just postponed for a date in the near future. I guess it was a blessing in disguise though, cause Spencer ended up needing every extra minute getting caught up at work. But of course that left me, at home, alone with the girls. Lots of fun! It wasn't the most exciting weekend but it definitely had some perks. The girls and I hit up the beach on Friday with Lindsey, Brooklyn, and Easton (no pictures taken, but we sure had a lot of fun)! On Saturday the girls and I met Spencer for lunch at Cafe Rio (always something I look forward to- Cafe Rio and lunch with Spencer:). On Sunday Spencer only had one short meeting in the morning and then was with us the rest of the day. We joined the Thunell family for dinner that evening. Love this family and am so looking forward to getting to know them better! They loaded us up with a huge bag of lemons, a bag of limes, and a bag of oranges from the trees in their backyard. DElicious!!! Then today Spencer went into work early. I got some jobs done around the house while the girls played. Then Madi and Elle each had a friend come over and we went to the park. At 2pm Spencer called saying he was coming home! Kirk and Valerie stopped by an hour later for a visit, and then we just had a nice relaxing evening at home as a family.
As for other updates: I got a new calling a couple of weeks ago- RS teacher. At first I wasn't excited at all. I really wanted to be back in primary where I could be with Madi and knowing what she's learning, songs they're singing, etc. Then I subbed in young women's and thought about how much fun it would be to serve in there. But after starting to prepare my lesson for this upcoming Sunday, I'm getting really excited. I only have to teach once a month (4th Sunday- from the conference Ensign), which will be perfect with a new baby. I just need to figure out how to teach older women vs. teaching kids (what I'm most comfortable with).
I have updates for both the girls coming too- Elle celebrated her half birthday last month and there's much to say- mostly about her totally giving up naps, being completely binky obsessed, and not ready for potty training at all (Ug! I was so hoping to have only one kid in diapers)! Madi celebrated her half birthday 2 months ago and I had a few things to record about her as well- these unfinished posts are driving me crazy!
I did finish my 2010 blog book though and am now ready to start on 2011. Yay! Those books are such huge projects- felt great to get it checked off my list! Only 5 more weeks until due date! Crazy! Still doesn't feel real. It's my big uncomfortable belly that serves as a regular reminder that this baby is coming very soon!

Picture not related to this post at all, but couldn't leave without some picture! And probably appropriate for a February, week after Valentine's Day, photo of the 2 girls I love best!
2 comments:
5 weeks to go!? Sounds like you guys are busy! Now all you need is a Youth Choir to direct. (Thanks for being so patient with me in those days ps) Dean and Elle are two peas in a pod. No more naps- suddenly demanding binky all the time- and potty training is hard. More for me than Dean. So it goes...
Ha I was asked to be a relief society teacher but said I can't really do any third hour calling until the kids are in nursery....which is in a couple weeks!!! Looks like my triplet card is about to expire. :) You'll be a great teacher. I have NO DOUBT.
I am so glad that Spencer is busy and working hard. Better than the other way around I think. Sounds like you guys are meeting new people and enjoying your area. Everything has seemed to fall into place these past few months which is awesome. We're so excited for your little guy to arrive and hope these last few weeks are bearable. And you aren't allowed to make any Cafe Rio comments. It makes me tooooooo jealous! Love you all so much. Praying for you and Baby Jenkins. xoxo
Oh...I'm sending pics of the trips checking out their Valentine cards from Madi and Elle. In a couple days they'll be in your inbox. :)
Post a Comment