Monday, April 9, 2012

A Happy Visit!

With kindergarten just around the corner, I have all sorts of forms to be turned in for Madi- dental, doctor, and immunization. So with Madi on spring break last week I scheduled her first ever dentist appointment. Knowing Calvin would be just 9 days old, I originally scheduled the appointment thinking Spencer would take her, giving me a quiet morning home with just Elle and Cal. But then he ended up having an important work meeting and I was left alone with all 3 kids. Which actually turned out to be a piece of cake! I dropped Elle off at the Bell's to play with Brooklyn and Easton, and Calvin was asleep within minutes of our drive over. I was super glad that I got to be the one to go and see Madi be such a big girl in the dental chair! She really was the prefect patient- 4 1/2 was a great age to take Madi for the first time. I'm not sure if it would have been as easy a year or so earlier.

She got a purple Ariel toothbrush at the beginning- so all smiles right from the start:

Madi's been playing "dentist" for months, so when the nurse went to count her teeth, Madi informs her, "I have 10 on the top and 10 on the bottom!" Nurse was impressed!

And check out that big wide mouth Madi gave when the nurse told her to open up!

Madi even got to suck her own spit.

She was brave through the complete exam!

Since it was Madi's first check-up, she got to pick out 2 prizes from the toy chest!

Later Madi told me how she liked the dentist better than the doctor- "because the dentist doesn't give shots"! Let's just hope all Madi's dental check-ups are "happy visits"!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

What a big (and brave) girl!! I love that she has her little cat next to her in the chair. And LOVE her saltwater sandals...I have totally been thinking of getting a pair for myself :)