Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Happy HALF Birthday!

Height: 27 1/4 in. (75%)
Weight: 18 lbs 11oz (75%)
Head: 17 3/4 in. (98%)

This past Thursday we celebrated Cal's half birthday. He had his 6 month check-up in the morning. Then, it just so happens that Cal shares his half birthday with Spencer's mom's actual birthday, so we picked Boppi up for lunch and were able to spend a couple hours in the afternoon celebrating with her.

Six months have flown by! My little guy doesn't seem much like a baby anymore. I was sitting in my glider nursing Calvin the other morning when I looked down and realized that he no longer fits perfectly on my lap. While snuggled up against my chest, his long legs dangled off past my thigh. In that moment I felt a little sad and sentimental, realizing how fast he's growing up. It's not gonna be too long before he's running around, giving me sass, and causing all sorts of mischief. Made me want to hold him that much longer, and freeze time for just a bit.

Calvin is such a sweet little guy. He's super mellow, easy going, always pretty happy, and content just hanging out. He's fun to play with, and gives tons of laughs and smiles. I'm pretty much his favorite person too, which always makes me feel good! Spencer will be playing with Cal - having a good time, and then I walk in. Cal instantly lights up with smiles and all I have to do is lean down and sputter on his neck to get him busting up in laughter! He's a great little eater - still nurses fabulously (every 3 hours during the day) and eats a huge bowl of cereal with some sort of fruit and/or veggi every night at 5pm. He's in bed every night by 7pm (usually earlier, but rarely later), sleeps pretty good, but is still waking up once at night (currently working on breaking his 3am feeding).


Some current facts about Cal:
- Likes to sleep on his left side.
- Been sitting up for awhile, but still doesn't have it totally mastered (a tad wobbly, and falls over after a couple minutes).
- Anything and everything within reach goes into his mouth. If not a toy, it's his fingers or hands!
- Had his first dose ever of tylenol 2 days before turning 6 months.
- LOVES drinking from my water bottle.
- Still taking 3 naps a day
- Doesn't seem to prefer certain foods over others. Just eats whatever I put in his mouth (fingers crossed I might get a non-picky eater)!


- LOVES his sisters!!
Cal puts up with quite a bit from his sisters. Madi and Elle are constantly squeezing Cal's cheeks and telling him how cute he is. They love getting in his face and smothering him. Elle especially loves rolling over on top of him and giving huge hugs and loves. I'm always pulling someone off him! When Cal's in his jump up, Madi and Elle think it's hilarious to spin him around and around. Then they'll pull him way back and let go! I keep warning the girls that one day Cal's gonna be bigger than both of them and then it's gonna be pay back!

Now if only Cal could stop growing up so fast! Sure love my little guy!

3 comments:

Tisha said...

He looks a ton like Madi in these pics! So cute! Love reminiscing with the clothes too :-) it does go by so fast! love you!

Jocelyn said...

What a handsome little guy! He looks so grown up in his collared shirts, like a little man :)

martyrudd said...

Loved your comment...dad and I would like to "freeze time for just a bit" everytime we come to visit our grandbabies!! Love these pics of Cal. He is so handsome and looks like his daddy:) xoxoxox