Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving I was particularly thankful for living close to family. Growing up Thanksgiving was  the one holiday we traveled for. I always looked forward to seeing tons of cousins (usually 50+), aunts, uncles, and both sets of grandparents. It was always a crazy fun time and I'll forever have such fond memories of the Thanksgiving holiday. While I would have loved for my kids to have their cousins to play with, we feel so blessed to have grandparents nearby. This year we joined Boppi and Grandpa Al at their house. And it really was such a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Spencer's mom knows how enthusiastic I am about cooking and let me bring whatever I wanted (made raspberry pretzel jello and bought a pumpkin pie). It was nice not to have the stress of cooking. I love a good meal, but I am not a fan of all the work and dishes involved. When we got over there in the morning, the turkey was already in, mom had made the apple pie the night before, rolls were being started, and everything else was easy. Mom and Dad have this meal down to a science. Dad does the turkey, gravy, and stuffing, and mom does the sweet potatoes, butternut squash, mashed potatoes, rolls, and apple pie. And let me tell ya, it was a meal fit for a king!

Cal was diggin the turkey. . .

Our after turkey walk - in preparation for dessert!

Thursday night the girls slept over at Boppi and Grandpa Al's (such a treat that rarely gets to happen). Spencer had to work on Friday (I'll be so happy when this arbitration's over) but mom and dad joined the kids and I at the beach. I was so grateful for their company! Thanks mom and dad for the memorable Thanksgiving weekend!!

Cal got a kick out of chasing seagulls with Grandpa Al!

1 comment:

Terry Family said...

I'm looking forward to some year enjoying a California Thanksgiving and Christmas! I miss it! Ashley and Tyler were loving your pictures on the blog. Tyler recognized Elle, and said that's my friend! He still remembers everything about his play date with Elle...including eating a popsicle! The kids also had fun seeing pictures of Owie and Boppi!