Monday, November 12, 2012

Madi's blog

At the park this afternoon Madi kept wanting me to take pictures of her with her baby. She mentioned how when we got home she wanted to write a story about all the things they did together. I suggested to Madi that she start her own blog. She's always taking pictures and can now write simple sentences by herself. I figured it'd also be a good place for me to record all the projects she does. I could just take a picture, post it on her blog, and then not feel so bad tossing it!

My thoughts were letting her type her sentence and post the picture I took of her and baby, but by the time I layed Calvin down, switched loads of laundry, and put a few things away, she was already done with her "blog post":
HA! I loved it! It was a perfect documentation of our park outing - Madi and purple baby on the swings, Elle going back and forth between the swing and slides, and Cal trying out the slide for the first time. The clothes were totally off though. I wore jeans with my blue checkered shirt, and the kids -well, they're posted below:
Madi doesn't play babies much anymore so I was loving how excited she was to push her little stroller and baby all the way to the park! 

Notice Elle's outfit. This was her 6th of 10 outfit changes today! This little phase she's going through is super exhausting, especially when she wants me to redo her hair after every outfit change!

Oh, and I'm still gonna get a blog set up for Madi, just not today.

3 comments:

Popi and CeCe said...

Such a cute Maddie Blog! I am glad to hear some girls still play with dolls...neither of my 2 grand daughters that are old enough to play with dolls are at all interested...they love dinosaurs and bugs! :)

The Pickled Red Herring said...

So darling! I love that she knew exactly what she was wearing, mostly what Elle was wearing (brown), and everyone else - whatever! And I love that her baby is called "purple baby" - that is exactly how my girls name their toys! I try to get them to give them NAMES, but no. Although all their IMAGINARY babies have names (like Princess Seats-Peach and Velia Tenta, to name two). I miss them - AND YOU!

Papa said...

I can't believe how grown up Mafi looks here, baby stroller and all. It is also amazing how much Ellie looks like Anie at the same age! Great Blog - Cal looks like a missionary more each day. What a handsome guy!
XOXO Papa and Gram