Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Leg surgery

This morning (6:30am) I went in for the last of my vein procedures - Stab Phlebectomy on my right leg. Of all the vein stuff I've had done, this procedure was the one I was nervous about- mostly because of having to go under anesthesia and all the effects of it. Thankfully everything went well. Spencer was a champ and handled our morning routine perfectly - kids fed, dressed, lunch packed, Cal napped, Madi to school, and Elle dropped off at a friends house all before heading over to the hospital with his mom to pick me up. He's been swapped at work, so after checking me out of the hospital, he headed to the office while mom drove me home and spent the day with me. Originally I had told her I'd be totally fine and had everything taken care of. I'm not the type to ask for help, don't like putting people out, and I'm usually pretty controlling about all the house stuff, but I was so thankful for her help today. I was super dizzy and groggy when we first got back, so while I layed down, she took care of feeding, playing with, and putting Calvin down for a nap. She picked Elle up from her friends house, and helped entertain the girls once Madi was home from school. Then around 4pm the girls started getting antsy so she loaded them up and took them to her house to play. Spencer picked them up there, ate dinner with mom and dad, and got home just in time to get the girls off to bed.

At the end of the day I was left feeling extrememly grateful . . .
-For an incredible husband who, no matter how busy work gets, always stays so involved in the day to day stuff.
-For his great job providing us with insurance to take care of these types of things.
-For a wonderful mother-in-law that was more than willing to drop everything from her busy schedule to come take care of me and the kids.
-For fabulous friends who were quick to volunteer to help with school pick up, drop off, lending breast pump, etc.
I am truly blessed!

1 comment:

Tisha said...

wish I was there to help! I can't believe you were just going to go home after and do your thing- you are crazy! rest up!