Saturday, May 11, 2013

Our Saturday

Just finished getting all three kids off to bed for the night. Madi's the straggler who always seems to come up with one more thing to do or talk about before going to bed. Tonight she had created a plan for her birthday party next month, complete with the guest list, games she wants to play, and treats she wants to have. Her ideas keep changing, but she finally says she's sure and WILL NOT change her mind. I'm exhausted though and not ready to start party plans tonight.

Today was one busy day!

It started out with the PVSD (Pleasant Valley School District) Creekside 5k race (which I didn't enter, but ended up doing my own 5k from home to the park) and the 1 mile Chicken chase which I'd signed Madi up to run. Elle told her she wasn't interested in running the race, but once we got there I think she got caught up in the excitement of all of it and ended up being a great runner, unlike Madi who kept dragging behind.
Near the end Elle and I left Madi in the dust and ran onto to the finish line. Madi felt pretty special though cause the chicken everyone was chasing ran back to finish the race with her and another little girl. Glad I had my phone on hand to document!
We hung out at the park for awhile afterwards. The girls jumped in a bounce house, colored a picture, and got some prizes. Spencer was going to meet us at the park once Cal woke up from his nap, but I got tired of waiting and decided we'd just run on home. A couple minutes into our run back, I looked down and realized my stroller had a flat. That would explain why it wasn't so easy pushing the girls to the park! Within minutes Spencer was there to the rescue! 

We took our picture once we got home- medals in hand:
Then I had a whopping 15 minutes to shower and change before heading off to a free swim lesson that I'd signed the girls up for (a perk for National Water Safety month).

I'd been preping the girls for this swim lesson for awhile, reminding them that it was their one chance to show me and the teacher everything they're able to do in the water. Madi was on board and agreed that she'd go under water and show off all the skills she learned last year. But of course she chickened out right at the end and screamed bloody murder (seriously - it was out of control) when the instructor told Madi she was going to put her under water. And props to the instructor who did it a second time too even after Madi was in such hysterics the first go around. But at least she got in the water. That was more than Elle would do.
Instead, Elle sat on the beach and watched in fear.

At the end she agreed to at least put on her swim suit and cool off in the splash area outside.
Swim lessons were followed up with a a little face painting (cause that's what you would think to do after swimming right :).
Madi chose a butterfly:
Which of course Elle wanted too:
Our Saturday was finished off with a birthday party for a little girl that Madi and Elle are both friends with. Spencer had gone to help cook tri tip for our Multi-Stake Mormon Prom, so I brought Cal along too. It was a fun party - a little out of my comfort zone since I only new the friend's mom, but like I tell Madi, it's good to make new friends!

Then it was home for clean up, dinner, baths, scriptures, stories, and bed!

Now to get ready for church tomorrow... Spencer's speaking and I've gotta get sharing time ready for the young women who are taking over - allowing all of us moms to go to Relief Society! Looking forward to a good Mother's Day tomorrow!

No comments: