Saturday, July 27, 2013

16 months

Calvin was back to his happy self this month. Still a mama's boy and always likes to know where I'm at, but he's been better about playing alone and letting me leave the room. Our family reunion was a little rough though because he tends to get overwhelmed in large groups of people - especially when he can't see me or know where I'm at. He did a lot of crying at the beginning, but seemed to warm up near the end of the week, and then was completely back to his old self when we got home.

Aside from being with Spencer or I, there was one person at the reunion who Calvin always wanted to be with and that was Uncle Jeremy! Jeremy always made it all better and I truly appreciate the break that it gave me! Thanks Jer!

Sure love this little boy of ours! He's super sweet, easy to make laugh, and I love how his entire face lights up when he smiles.

I haven't payed super close attention to Calvin's new tricks or skills learned this past month, but he did master the fork and actually prefers to eat with utensils now. When he's not able to "stab it", Cal will pick up the piece of food, put it on his fork, and then using the fork- put it into his mouth. He's getting pretty good with the spoon but still makes quite a mess. I'd rather feed him to keep it clean, but Cal will always try to grab the spoon away. Grabbing it out of my hand with usually send the food flying. Drives me crazy! Pretty sure my "feeding" days are over. Cal's on the road to eating independence.
Watching the train movie (that he's obsessed with) on daddy's phone. 
Love that sweet little smile of his!

No comments: