Since the kids and I spent the week before Easter at my parents house, we weren't able to do all the Easter week traditions that we started last year. We forgot to start our nightly devotionals and had to play catch-up mid week (but I did make sure to hang up all the pictures when we got home). I was disappointed about missing out on our community "Easter Eggstravaganza" which took place the Saturday that we drove home. We didn't do the "Easter Story Cookies" Saturday night either. Easter Sunday was great though. I made German pancakes for the breakfast (it was the only thing I could think of to replace the "Easter story cookies") - I had the kids watch the pancakes "rise" in the oven. Once the kids had eaten and were dressed for church we had an egg hunt in the backyard. I was pretty impressed that we were able to fit it all in before 9am church.
Our primary teachers always go above and beyond and make the neatest things. Madi wanted me to take a picture of the necklace Sister Sanchez had made her. Each egg held things that were symbolic of the Easter story.Spencer's parents joined us for our traditional lamb kebab dinner. Delicious as always!
After dinner, while Boppi and I got the dessert ready, Spencer and Grandpa Al took the kids for a ride in the scout. Calvin was thrilled!
How truly grateful I am for another wonderful Easter holiday spent with those I love. And how eternally grateful I am for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who lived and died for me. Who made it possible for me to spend forever with this family of mine that I love so very much.





No comments:
Post a Comment