Saturday, May 3, 2014

In April . . .

We enjoyed General Conference at the beginning of the month.
General Conference always means cinnamon rolls . . .
and happy children (well, at least while they're eating their cinnamon rolls) . . .
and good note takers (most of the time).

Adam, Lora, and Houston were in town the entire month. But with my Ragnar race and General Conference the first weekend, Spring Break in Brentwood the third week, followed by Easter, then our trip to Utah the next weekend, we only had one weekend to hang out. I was able to watch Houston one morning. The boys got along great . . .  as long as it was on Calvin's terms. 
Sadly, for most of our interactions, Calvin would totally freak out and cry the entire time. I actually think it might have been Adam he was scared of!
Then as soon as Adam, Lora, and Houston were gone, Cal would immediately calm down and talk all happily about Houston, like they were the bestest of buddies (which they will be someday- I just know it)!

I just get so bugged when Cal's so emotional around strangers. He doesn't want anyone to look at him, tells everyone to "stop it" and begs for me to "hold you". He's usually super sweet - always saying the cutest things, singing all day long, giving lots of great hugs, quick to say sorry and make it all better! But actually, the past week or so he's been super cranky. He's in the the "MINE!" stage and insists that everything had to be done his way and on his time. We've recently had to crack down and be more firm.
He is pretty funny though and is always trying to make us laugh!

We had a full week of 90 degree temps (not normal for Camarillo)!! We were all melting!

April is quite the birthday month! Not just in our family, but for the girls' friends as well. One Saturday Madi went to 2 birthday parties. Check out what the balloon man made for her and Elle at one of the parties! 
Madi's primary teacher keeps doing amazing things. The Sunday we flew home from Utah we got to see this picture posted on facebook, telling us about what they learned in class, before we even got to see Madi!

April also means dentist appointments for both girls! And they were both champs! 
Elle was a little nervous, but I'm pretty sure Madi was excited! Madi's become quite obsessed lately with picking and flossing her teeth - she's totally her mama's daughter. The best was when she kept calling for me, "Mom, check out all this plaque I got off my tooth!!" I couldn't have been more proud!
Love these sweet sisters that have sadly started fighting a lot more than usual. Nothing boils my blood more than to hear my children fight.

And now onto May. . . just can't seem to catch a breath these days! I got teary eyed the other day when I realized we only have a little over 5 weeks of school left!

No comments: