Friday, September 12, 2014

Santa Barbara Zoo

We only made it to the Santa Barbara Zoo once over the summer, but it was a great visit - one that I didn't want to go undocumented. 
Sure love that big group of cousins! Had to get the "behind" shot as well!
The "hill" is always a highlight of the zoo. My girls brought an extra long piece of cardboard from home (they'd decorated it and all) - one long enough for everyone to ride on. 
The hill is always such a blast that I'd can't resist going down a couple of times!

We had some good luck with the animals this trip. The lions were totally awake and "talking" back and forth to each other, and then our gorilla friend decided to get up, walk around, and even come say hello.
So awesome to be so close!
I got a picture of Calvin on this turtle last time we were here. Maybe I'll just have to make it a tradition. 
Good times at the Santa Barbara Zoo!

No comments: