Wednesday, December 30, 2015

In December

December kept us busy! All our weekends were filled before the month even began! Madi had her first basketball practice on Dec 2nd. She's the youngest and smallest on the team and this year will definitely serve as a learning experience for her, but she's totally motivated! She plays almost every recess at school and wants to practice as often as she can. I love it! 
The first Saturday of the month (December 5th) we got our Christmas tree. We opted for a tall skinny tree this year that could fit next to our piano instead of a huge one for the front window. Spencer later commented  that it was one of his favorites.
That night we had our ward party. I always volunteer our primary to sing cause they always steal the show. This year was no exception. I lead them in singing "Picture a Christmas" and "Away in a Manger". I should have had them keep signing- the rest of our entertainment that night was kind of a bust. 
The next day (Dec 6th) was Cal's first visit to primary. It was seriously the cutest thing ever. They were all so reverent, folded their arms, raised their hands with answers, learned how to lead singing, and were just plain cute!! I LOVE serving in primary and being a part of these milestones in my kids lives. 
Cal's soon to be Sunbeam class!
One thing we're all looking forward to is 9am church starting in January! Below is a typical form of Sunday morning entertainment while mom's at ward council. . . 
Been loving my growing belly! Below - taken on December 7th at 28 weeks! I need to do a post on this 4th pregnancy. It's been such a unique experience - almost like having my first all over again. I love every movement I feel and am trying to enjoy every second of this pregnancy. 
Dec 8th was Madi's last activity days with Sister Moody and Sister Steimle. They were both released the end of December. 
December 12th was the Camarillo Christmas Parade.
That night was the first performance for our Stake Christmas Choir. It takes a lot of time and dedication and seems like a huge commitment, but at the end Madi and I are both always glad we did it. Elle gets to join us next year! 
The cousins sang in the choir too!
One night I made a 9x13 pan of Butterscotch dessert . . . just because I was craving it! 
We savored every bite!
Dec 16th was Calvin's class pajama party - complete with a visit from Santa!
The 3rd week of December was busy with getting Christmas gifts ready for all the kids teachers, crossing guards, visiting teachers, friends, etc. As well as finishing shopping and having everything ready for Christmas (I did NOT want to have to shop while the kids were off school and home with me). Cal and I made several Target runs and sometimes we just had to get special treats to make it through all our shopping! 

He ia the best little sidekick and SO much fun to take places. His reaction to the carwash at Costco was awesome!
On the 17th Cal and I helped at Elle's class party
I love that Elle's teacher lets Calvin join in on all the festivities. He even got to make his own gingerbread house!
I helped with a couple different stations. 

Friday the 18th I checked Madi out of school early for her to go to the BYU football game with Spencer in Vegas. They had a great time and I'm so grateful for those memories they will always have. Here's a few pics from their trip. Madi typed up an awesome detailed post of it on her blog.
That Friday night Elle partied it up at the Nelson's house while I had a quiet evening at home with Cal in bed. 
Then Saturday morning Elle had her first piano recital at a local convalescent home. I totally spaced the time we were supposed to be there, had to rush and missed the beginning of it but was able to move Elle a few people back. The piano was different than Elle was used to and she made a bunch of mistakes which totally bummed her out. Thankfully she got over it quickly. She had fun sitting by her buddy Heidi and then got to go to a friends' holiday gingerbread house making party afterwards. 
That afternoon we got a bunch of rain which is always so exciting for us Southern Californias!
December  20th was Christmas Sunday. It's basically impossible to get a decent picture of our 3 anymore!
I made about 26 bags of carmel corn for all our primary teachers and leaders. 
Madi and Lily Butler in their matching baptism dresses. 
We passed out bigger bags of carmel corn to our close friends and neighbors. I lost track of how many batches of that stuff I made this year! 
I was surprisingly excited about school getting out and being able to stay home with the kids the whole next week - especially with all the fun Christmas festivities we had planned. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Sydney's Blog said...

Awe it's so fun reading your blog! Can't wait to see the fun pictures of Christmas Vacation! You know being here in Utah really sucks haha what I mean by that is it is TOO COLD! Seeing all of Brittany's pictures and everything you guys are doing it makes me happy for you but also i want to be there SO bad! Can't wait to see you in July! Hopefully we'll be there as much as we can! I have a big Hales family reunion but I'll try to get away as much as possible since i get to you see them a lot and not much of you guys anyways enough of me rambling so thank you for updating your blog it is so much fun reading it and seeing what kinds of fun things you guys are doing! Miss you tons!