Sunday, January 31, 2016

In January

Happy 2016!!
We started the year off right with a hike up Sycamore Canyon on New Years Day! 
It had been a chilly morning so we dressed in layers but ended up shedding them all as we climbed. Notice the girls and their rolled pants - they complained most of the hike about how hot they were. Cal hiked with a long sleeve and sweatshirt the whole way up and never complained once! 
LOVE my guys!!
Cal was definitely the toughest hiker of the day. At the end of our hike he still wanted to keep going. 
 
                                      I think this hike with become a New Years tradition!

The beginning of January brought several days of rain - which sent us all into a panic since we didn't have any rain gear. I went out and bough a small umbrella for Elle after dropping her off one morning in the pouring rain without one (thankfully Tay was there to with). We all need a jacket and rain pants like Ms. Linda's! 
We went out and bought Madi a rain jacket after school . Sadly after only about 3 days of rain, it ended and we've only had a couple light sprinkles since then. So much for all the rain that was predicted this winter. Doesn't look like that prediction is going to hold up. 
I haven't been the greatest about documenting this pregnancy. Life is just so busy, but I really have been loving every minute of my growing belly and feeling this living human being inside of me! It truly is the most amazing thing ever and I'm so grateful for this pregnancy to remind me of the sacredness of life and the complete miracle that it is. My pregnancy has been so wonderful - wanted to include a few pictures I found on my phone. This one Cal took at the beginning of the month - I'm 32 1/2 along . . .
A week later - 33 1/2 weeks - took this picture to text to pregnant roommates Ashley and Sarah, who both delivered in January - days apart from each other. 
35 weeks:
I always feel so silly taking pictures of myself!
35 1/2 weeks - the very end of January - soaking up the glorious winter sunshine!! 
 Resulting in a sunburned belly!
                                             January 14th Elle got the Hawk Pride award
So proud of our sweet Elle and the good choices she makes!
January 19th Cal had his first dentist experience! Sorry about the overload of pictures, but it was the BEST first dentist experience ever!! I was shocked and VERY impressed with how brave he was!

Started out just taking pictures of his teeth . . .
Was brave enough for x-rays . . .
Then onto the cleaning. The hygienist first used his new electronic toothbrush they gave him (which Cal thought was super cool) . . .
But then she talked him into letting her use the real cleaning toothbrush!

Spit sucker and everything . . . and no tears!!! Hooray!!
 Then the dentist came in and brought out the magic mirror for Cal to help check and count his teeth.
 He leaned how to floss and was given a cool new flosser that Cal uses every night!
 He even got fluoride painted onto his teeth at the end! I was so happy and grateful for this positive dentist experience for Calvin. He came home and brushed his teeth as soon as he ate something and probably 5 more times throughout the day. He's now obsessed about keeping his teeth clean!
January 20th Aunt Corinne, Uncle Morgan, Bailey, and new baby Allison came into town. 
It was SO much fun having them here and getting to adore 2 month old Allison.
They hung out at our house several times, went to 2 of Madi's basketball games, came to Elle's gymnastics practice, went out to dinner with us, and we had Bailey over for an afternoon to play with Calvin. 
With all the family in town, Morgan blessed Bailey in church that 1st Sunday they were here.
January 23rd Aunt Fay came into town
She came straight to Madi's basketball game - giving us an extra large cheering section for Madi!
Aunt Fay stayed at our house which we were all excited about! The kids couldn't get enough of "Aunt Fay time". They wanted to show her everything and spend every second with her. It was such a wonderful visit and I was so grateful for the time and attention Aunt Fay showed my kids. It's always fun having another teacher in the house - what a fabulous example Aunt Fay is for me. I loved watching her with the kids - she helped Madi and Elle on the piano, got on the floor and played cars and trucks with Cal, read stories with the kids, and pushed them on the swing outside. 
Other random things from January . . .
Elle and Madi also had dentist appointments, and Madi had an eye appointment - super nice to fit all these appointments in before baby's arrival.
I love watching Madi's creativity in her monthly genre book report projects.
Here's her completed project from January.
Friday popcorn/movie night!
Life has been moving so quickly and sometimes I forget to slow down and enjoy the little things. I always feel rushed to get my kids into bed at night but my favorite thing is checking on them later at night and watching them sleep. 
Elle choose to send her class weather letter to Gram and Papa. 
My sweet Madi sometimes writes me letters while she's at school to tell me about her day. Always makes my day to get one!
And then there's letters I find that my girls have written to each other. Love these too!
Grandpa Al's birthday was on the 28th. When I told the kids to make him some birthday cards, here's what Madi whipped up:
Love her creativity! 

No comments: