Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Going through old papers . . .

I had a glorious afternoon  - all by myself at home, going through old files and binders, working on decluttering and packing for our upcoming move (fingers crossed all goes well with the appraisal).

I came across a few things I just couldn't bring myself to throw away. One was some chicken scratch, written on the back on a wedding invitation back from 2011. It was a conversation Madi and Elle must have been having.

Here's what was written:
Madi: "When you're 8 years old you're gonna know everything about Jesus. Then you can tell everyone about it. Sometimes there's naughty boys and girls that you can teach them about the commandments."

Elle: "I think about Jesus everyday."

Madi: "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking about Jesus. ... Do you know how I learned all this?"

Madi's quiz to Elle:
"Do we pray everyday or just one day?"

Too funny! Time is flying by too fast and I hold on to little treasures like this - back form the days when life was simple.

No comments: