I feel so blessed to have the honor of being mom to these four!
For Mother's Day I asked for one thing - happy, helpful kids. I told them the only thing I didn't want was fighting and/or crying. The morning (before church) went perfectly. Elle helped Cal get dressed and he didn't complain about anything (which is huge)! She helped James get ready too. Then we came home from church and Madi was bummed out about her primary class which she is not a fan of (she's been anxiously awaiting our move so that she can be in the Las Posas ward where she has several friends and girls her age). So there was some sulking and sadness... not wanting to take the picture below . . .
The afternoon was ok - I just wanted to be able to enjoy my kids on Mother's Day, but I found myself getting after them for not helping get ready for dinner. We volunteered to host dinner at our house with Spencer's parents and the Beede's. I made rolls, Spencer barbecued tri tip, we did baked beans, and baked potatoes, Corinne made a salad, and Grandpa Al & Boppi brought strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a good meal. After dinner we went for a walk to Heritage park and then came back for dessert.
One of my favorite things about Mother's Day is all the cards and sweet notes my kids make me that I will cherish forever!!!
I am one lucky mom!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment