Saturday, January 26, 2008

FUN, Fast and Furious!!

What a fun weekend.....or should I say day and a half! My mom was in North Carolina this past week visiting my sister and I really wanted her to come see me too. So, Thursday afternoon my mom, sister and her two kids drove 5 hours to come hang out!

They arrived in time to put the kids to bed, eat dinner, visit for an hour or so, and go to bed. Luckily we had some good hang out time on Friday. We had a fun morning watching the cousins play together.

Then we decided to brave the cold and head into the city. Mom went off to the Holocaust museum while Tisha and I took the kids to the Air and Space museum.

Being a mom is NO easy task! This is just a glimpse of what it's like taking kids on the Metro, into the city, in the dead of winter!

Classic picture of Tisha pushing Adley in the stroller, carrying Ani in the Ergo, while also lugging around another 20 pounds on her back!

It was a pretty exhausting day, but definitely worth all the fun!


At noon on Saturday mom, Tisha, and the kids headed back to N.C. We were sad to see them go. Thanks guys for making such a long trip for such a short visit. We love you! For more pictures of Madi with her cousins check out the post below!

11 comments:

Annie said...

sounds like a fun weekend! moms and sisters are the best! have a great day.

Lis said...

Aww! that looks so fun! Your sisters jacket looks SUPER WARM! OOOH! I dont know how she carried all that weight! How fun!!!! I cant wait for that day!

Candace said...

How fun you were about to hang out with your mom and sister. That doesn't look like fun riding the metro with kids. What troopers!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Fun weekend!! You guys are GREAT moms! I love the pictures of Tisha! What a trooper!

Lollidale Farm said...

I can totally relate to dragging kids on the metro and all over DC. It is tough! Glad you had a good time with family. :)

Val said...

Wow, I haven't seen Tish in forever. That's so nice they were able to come and visit you!

Jen said...

Love the pics! Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm so sad I missed out....yet again! No wonder Tisha is in so much pain! Adley should have been walking and Ani should have been in the stroller! Those kids of hers are way too big for her to be packing around!!!! You all look amazing! Hugs and kisses to you and Madi! (Just a big fat hug to Spence!)

The Pickled Red Herring said...

How fun! What an adventure... We're sorry we missed out last night! What a crazy day... And you guys had sugar? Oh man... probably a good thing I missed out then - I would've cleaned you out! Ha ha! We'll have to catch up...

JoSue said...

Ok well I just left a nice, thoughtful comment and then google freaked out and didn't publish it. Soooooo, anyway I like your blog. :) I especially like the picture of all the kids on the couch. It really shows each of their different personalities. Looks like it is as cold there as it is here...Clark is hating it. He wants the California sun. Love you!!

Valerie said...

There is no way I would have been as brave. Good for you guys!

The Stones said...

Madi is gorgeous!!! Congratulations! I finally set up my blogspot the other day. I'll let you know when I finally put something on it:)