Wednesday, May 28, 2008

11 Months


Madi is 11 months old today! It's been fun watching her "grow up" this past month! This has definitely been her most active month yet! As I mentioned in a post awhile ago, Madi has been crawling since the beginning of the month as well as pulling herself up to standing. She is also able to stand by herself for about 5 seconds before plopping to the ground. Since learning these new skills, she always seems to be on the move. The scary thing is that they only get faster! After spending some time with Madi's "older" friends, I realize that it only gets MORE tiring!


Aside from her new found ability to move, my other favorite thing about this past month is Madi's increased communication skills. She is quite the chatterbox! It's been fun to chat back and forth with her, like we're actually having a conversation! My most favorite thing though is just listening to her talk to herself and to her toys as she plays. I've gotten a few of these conversations on video, but they are STILL not uploading! Though it's fun to hear her babbling away, I get excited for when I can actually understand what she's saying. It's those times when she fussing that I sit there, begging her to tell me what it is that she wants!


Here's a few more pictures of some of the fun that Madi is having now that she's 11 months old!!! What a BIG GIRL!!




9 comments:

Tisha said...

I love the pic of madi looking backwards up at you from the piano- so cute! what a big girl! she may walk before ani does! (I hope this is soon for both our sakes :) love you!!

Brian or Julie said...

What a cutie!!! I think having a girl 1st is the best.;) So when are you back on the east coast? I'm in Idaho until July 31st. It would be so fun to get together. We are in the town of Nokesville west of DC off 66. I'll have to say that I miss the west but we are having fun out here. What brought you guys out to the DC area? We are out here with Micron. Keep in touch and have fun in the sun. julshomer@hotmail.com

The Pickled Red Herring said...

I LOVE those piano pictures! She is such a cutie! Every time we would walk into church Travis would say, "Madi is SO cute!" It has kind of made going to church a little sad lately... Where is our cute little Madi with her blond hair???

Lollidale Farm said...

11 months?? I can't believe she's almost a year! What cute pictures of Madi. It looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Roxy said...

I think Gram Rox needs to start her on piano lessons!

Anonymous said...

Madi is such a fun girl! I remember when she was just a little teeny thing...funny how time flies!

Lis said...

whoa madi youre almost 1!!! What a big girl! Lexi cant wait to play with you again! we miss you! Keep up the good work! Youre so CUTE!!!!

Jones Family said...

I love reading your blog because it makes me remember what it was like with Hannah so long ago. Madi is growing up so fast. I can remember her 6 month checkup blog like it was yesterday. I am super sentimental today. Our kids are getting so grown up!

Candace said...

I just love her swim suit. So CUTE!