After 2 crazy days of packing and cleaning, we were finally ready to say goodbye to our home in Maryland (temporarily) and board our flight to LA. We got to the airport at 6:30 am (thanks again Melissa for getting up and taking us bright and early!) and flew out at 8 am. I was a little nervous about flying with Madi for 6 hours without a bed for her to nap in. She is NOT a cuddler and typically freaks out on us when she gets tired. So you can imagine my surprise when about an hour into the flight I buckled her on my lap, put pillows around her, and with her blanket close to her face, she closed her eyes and went to sleep!! We were SUPER EXCITED, but even more THRILLED when she ended up sleeping for 2 HOURS straight!!! WAY TO GO Madi!! I don't think I've ever sat so still- for fear of her waking up, but it was SO worth it! With the remaining 2 hours we were able to keep her entertained with snacks, books, pressing buttons on the TV screen, and waving at people walking to and from the bathrooms. Overall, it was a great flight!

We were excited to get to Camarillo and relax. As soon as we got to Spencer's parent's house I had to head outside and enjoy the beautiful weather! Madi, Daddy, and Truly were also happy with the gorgeous day!!

Madi's cousin, Kaitlyn, was also here visiting. Madi LOVED having Kaitlyn here to play with!
9 comments:
I LOVE Madi's hair, makes me laugh everytime! Crazy hair or not she's still cute as ever!
Aww. it looks so nice there. Im so jealous!! Im so glad she did so good on the plane for you! I know all about holding as still as you can while their sleeping! I even plugged Lexi's ears because i was scared the loud speaker would wake her too!!!
Well have fun this summer!!! Enjoy the beach! Did i say im jealous??
Wow looks like you guys have had a lot of fun! We miss you. I run past your house every other day and make sure it is still there for your return. I saw a box that I thought was a package on your door step so I went and picked it up on Sunday turned out to be just an empty box that the dish company left for you to return some items in. It is still in my car let me know what you want me to do with it.
Hey!
I just found your site through Lindsay's site! This will be quite awesome reading up on your lives! Although, it looks like I have some catching up to do reading your blog ;). Cool! I can't believe your little girl is almost 1! Where did the time go?
Yea! I'm so excited you're here! We leave next Friday for North Carolina, so after we get back we'll have to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific.
Hey Anie!
This is Luke McCarney! We just found your blog and loved seeing what you guys have been up to! We have a little guy that is almost 16 months now, and he has definitely changed our lives, that's for sure. Madi is such a cute little girl! I hope you guys have been doing well!
-Luke
I'm so glad the flight went so well!! I miss you guys! I hope your summer is super fun. Hey-I didn't think about this, but Dale was in LA last week. He should have done his home teaching while he was there!
we still miss you guys.
just remember you have the flight home:) i swear i always jinx myself just when i'm thinking my kids are being so good. sleeping, potty training, biting...etc. they like to keep us guessing. hopefully she's an angel for you on the way home too. the video of her crawl/walking is too cute. have fun in cali.
ash
Post a Comment