Monday, May 5, 2008

Fun with Video!!

I finally learned how to post video! It's actually VERY easy! We've had our camera for 3 years now and I never knew about the video setting! Silly me! :) This whole time I was trying to upload video from our actual video recorder. A week or two ago, one of my good friends took the time to show me how my own camera works (thanks Melissa)! With that said, I've been having a lot of fun lately trying to capture the cute things Madi does. Now I realize, that as her parent, I am going to get MUCH more excited about all the new things she is doing than most other people will. I tried to pick a few videos that a simple picture just can't explain.

In this first one, Madi is showing what she does when she's finished eating. She closes her eyes and looks down. I kept trying to give her another drink and more food because the face cracks me up. The other way she lets me know that she's done eating (when I'm not forcing more food on her) is by wiping her hands back and forth across her highchair tray- clearing off all the food.



I apologize up front that this next video is sideways. I totally forgot how Melissa instructed me NOT to turn my camera when taping! I have such a bad memory these days! Anyway, Madi has been pulling herself up for a few days now. But I never seem to be able to get it on tape. I'll put her next to the bathtub and get the camera ready, but once she sees the camera, she won't do anything! She really has a mind of her own. This morning I sat Madi up in her crib, facing the wall (so she couldn't see the camera) and she did it- only I taped it sideways!



So then, I sat her back down to do it again. She popped up so quick that I couldn't get my camera ready fast enough to get her on the way up.



The past couple of weeks Madi has been completely obsessed with fans. All of our upstairs rooms have ceiling fans and she LOVES watching them. So we started asking her, "Madi, where's the fan?" and she'll proceed to look up and point at the fan. Seeing that she knew the fan, we figured she should know who mama and daddy are. So I started asking, "Madi, where's daddy?" and she'd point at Spencer. Then just recently she started pointing at me when asked, "where's mama?" It's a great feeling to have her finally acknowledge me as her mother! She also points at the window when asked, "where are the birds?" It's fun to now KNOW that she understands what we're saying and asking her.

Again, because the camera is on, Madi gets a little nervous in this video to show her newly gained knowledge.



So there you have it- my first attempts of blogging video! We hope you enjoyed "watching" a little of Madi!

11 comments:

Terry Family said...

Anie, great job on the video. We use the video on our camera all the time. When we first got it, we would forget about turning the camera on the side! Madi is a cute as ever!

The Harpers said...

Oh Anie, you're so funny! It seems like it always takes you a little bit longer than most to figure out computer stuff :) I love the videos! Madi is a different baby than last time we saw her. I can't WAIT to see you guys next week!!!

Lis said...

I totally enjoyed that! How cute! Im so glad you now know how to do video so we can keep up on madi's new skills while youre away for 3 months (4 for us i guess)!!!!! That is so adorable when she points! I love that! And she knows her parents and knows the difference! It amazes me that she knows how to do that ALREADY! SO CUTE! I love the pull ups too! Its like a whole new world! Go Madi!

Also... I love the full signals! Lexi needs to learn some of those. She usually just screams if i try and put more in her mouth. Its not ask pretty as Madi's! Haha!

What a big girl!

Lis said...

PS! WAY TO GO ON POSTING VIDEO!!!

Jones Family said...

looks like its time to lower the crib mattress...

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Great videos!!! She is soooooo cute! I love seeing all of her new skills! And your new skills too! :)

Jen said...

Good to actually "watch" her!!! What a cute little bug! Lots of hugs and kisses from all of us!!!

Shandis said...

She is too cute! It's fun to see her in action! I love your laughs too!

Lollidale Farm said...

How cute! I love Madi's signs of being full. Too cute! Oh-and you're not the only one who has forgotten about turning the camera sideways when video taping. I love the cocked-head viewing. LOL

Candace said...

She is so cute. I was also surprised on how easy it was to upload videos, somehow I thought it was going to be more difficult. Can't wait for you to come and visit..

martyrudd said...

Yes, the countdown to your arrival has begun at our house too!! We just can't wait to see all the "NEW" things Madi can do. Thanks for the videos. They are much funner than pics. MOM