Saturday, November 1, 2008
A Preemptive Thanksgiving!
Now that Halloween is over, we are looking forward to the holiday season. The other day, I sent Spencer to the grocery store and he came back with a half gallon of egg nog (which Spencer and Madi nearly polished off at breakfast) and a 10 pound turkey. I wasn't too happy when I saw the turkey! As I saw Spencer haul in his grocery shopping exploits, I expressed concern of a 10 lb turkey occupying our small freezer for weeks! But Spencer quickly responded, "Be of good cheer, we're cookin this bird tomorrow!" So, instead of a large frozen bird taking over my freezer, I had a large frozen bird unthawing in the kitchen sink all day!! To really appreciate this story, you have to know Spencer. He just loves to cook pretty much anything (and he is pretty dang good at it, too!), and because we are going away for Thanksgiving, he didn't want to pass up on his yearly opportunity to hone up on his turkey roasting skillz. So, unlike most normal American families, we had a turkey feast on November 1st! The great thing that I cannot complain of is the leftovers. No meal planning needed for this week! So here's to the holiday season!! Gobble gobble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
that looks SO GOOD! Holy cow! my mouth is watering! I say you bust out the christmas music and get your tree up now that thanksgiving is out of the way! haha!
That is too funny that Spencer brought home a turkey! Maybe I can get some tips, because we'll be doing our own Thanksgiving dinner this year. (Does Spencer deliver??)
I am completely impressed! Neither Ben nor I know how to cook a turkey. Those leftovers sound great to me!
whoops I was logged in as my mom in the comment above!
You are getting started just a teeensy early...of course, Saturday we saw CHRISTMAS decor up along the street so I suppose an early turkey day isn't that bad.
That is awesome! Sheesh, I wish my hubby would do the grocery shopping and cook the turkey!! Enjoy your turkey leftovers this week!
LOL! I love that he cooked a turkey because it's not like they are easy to cook! What an ambitious husband. Seriously though, who said we couldn't have turkey early than Thanksgiving? No one! So you guys enjoy...just like we'll enjoy our tree. :) Are you going to NC for Thanksgiving? I think Karlee is coming down to Provo so it'll be us, Bob and Karlee! Quite the party! Love you guys!
Yes, we miss Spencer's good old cooking. Maybe when you guys are filthy rich Spencer can retire from being a lawyer and open a small eating place so Matt and I (when we are filthy rich) can come partake of Spencer's goodness. Sounds good to me! Yum! p.s. Mason is amazing huh? He'll just have to show off his standing skillz at Thanksgiving! haha, just kidding I photoshopped Matt's arm out of the picture!
Yum! I'm pretty sure we had Halloween candy for dinner on November 1st!:) I love all the new pictures! She is such a doll!
That is awesome... you should make it a family tradition! Good for Spencer- I didn't know he can cook!
I love the idea!!! A 10 pound turkey though? Thats a lot for your little fam! I do love doing pre thanksgiving dinners....cuz then I feel like I can play with them a bit more and they don't have to be as traditional. Go Spencer
Post a Comment