Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving holiday started on Wednesday when my mom, Spencer, Madi and I drove down to Tisha and Curteis' home in North Carolina. On Wednesday night, Tisha and I got right to work making rolls for the upcoming feast. That kept us up past midnight...but we sure had a blast!


On Thanksgiving Day, we joined Curties' brother's family for Thanksgiving dinner. What a fabulous feast it was! Unfortunately, I totally forgot to take pictures of our delicious meal and all the wonderful company that was there to enjoy it. I did get a picture of the kids table though.

And those who were in charge of clean-up after the meal!


While all the guys were on clean-up duty, all the ladies and kids headed down to the theater room to watch movies! Pretty good deal huh!?!


Madi kept interest in the movie for only a few minutes and preferred to spend her time up in the play room!


Following with the Butler family tradition (my mom's side of the family), Pargie got a Pinata for the kids!


On Friday afternoon, Spencer, Madi and I were able to sneak away to visit our good friends, the Gertschs, who moved from Maryland to NC this past summer. We miss them terribly!! It was fun to visit, get caught up, play a couple rounds of Hearts, and let Hunter and Madi fall in love with each other again! It was way too short of a visit and we're already counting down the days until we get to see them again!


The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with family, watching movies, laughing, talking, and eating WAY TOO MUCH!! We rang in the Christmas holiday a little early with the Calhouns chopping down their tree from their backyard, setting it up, hanging decorations while blasting Christmas music, frosting sugar cookies, drinking egg nog and singing Christmas Carols to Tisha's mad piano skillz.






Since we'll be spending Christmas in Maryland, and the Calhouns in North Carolina, Mom and Dad insisted that the grandkids open their Christmas presents early.


Thanks Calhoun family and Mom and Dad for a great Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

Looks like a fabulous Thanksgiving! How fun that you were able to see the Gertsch's!! I'm jealous of all the family you had around.

Jen said...

Wait...isn't that Jenna's kids frosting cookies? Did they come to NC too? What a fun time you all had! Miss you tons!

Lis said...

how fun!! YOure weekend sounds like a MOVIE! Christmas tree.. eggnog? MOVIES? LIGHTS?? SINGING!? Oh how fun! Thats so cool you got to get out and see matt and doreen! YEY! It looks cold there too! I thought it would have been pretty warm! Happy Thanksgiving! I didnt take any pictures. how lame am I? Oh and Brian took my computer back too.

Anonymous said...

All I gotta say is COME BACK!! That was waaaaay too fun seeing you guyss...all too short. Oh man, after you guys left Matt and I talked forever about how bad we miss you guys!! We decided if you all come down in Jan. we'll come up in July (wink wink) or August. We're glad you were able to sneak us in to your Thanksgiving break. Looks like you guys had a fun time. That's some intense pinata action.

5 Brothers Farms said...

Yay for the holidays! I just remembered how cool your sister is!:) I'm glad you had such a fun-filled Turkey Day!

Safire said...

Hehe...I love how padded the pinata guys were. :) Glad you had a great time!

JoSue said...

man, looks like so much fun! cooking, eating, movies, Christmas fun.... Roxy sent us a big box of Thanksgiving goodies so it was pretty much like Christmas at our house. Sounds like there was a ton of people! I've never experienced the pinata tradition. We'll have to include that at our next family reunion. So you guys aren't coming out to California for Christmas?

Corinne Beede said...

I've neglected checking out your blog so I had to play catch up!! But holy cow!! I loved it! The family pictures look awesome- your friend does an amazing job! I checked out the link too... wow! And the picture of Madi smelling the flowers... aww! Did I mention that you guys are incredibly photogenic?? Wow... super jealous! Enough with the happy and on to the sad... NO California Christmas?? What will I do without your company? Will I never get to know my niece? How can you neglect me of that?? Is the quilt trip working yet?? ;) I hear tickets are going down... Change your mind yet?? We're going to miss you guys so much... It makes me sad to think of how empty the house will be. Well, we really are sad to not get to see you. You will be missed! But I think Christmas would be fun on the east coast- lots of festive sites to see! Thanks for keeping your blog updated! It makes all the difference in the world since you guys are so far away. It would be so hard to not be able to see how Madi is growing and changing! She's adorable! Oh! Your hair looks cute! It looks longer; are you letting it grow out? Well, this has turned out to be long, sorry! Love you and miss you!