Monday, March 8, 2010

All in a week

Haven't gotten around to blogging about anything this week- probably cause I haven't taken any pictures for over a week and a half. There was definitely reason to celebrate this past week though, mostly because of:

1) The glorious sun (I celebrate the high 50's)!!!
2) The yucky black snow finally disappearing! It's almost all gone- those ginormous piles will probably take another week to finally melt down.
3) First flip flop wear of the season!
4) Several trips to the park, with it actually being warm and dry enough to go on the swings (Madi's favorite). Elle found pushing Madi on the swings to be a completely hysterical thing.
5) Madi using the potty for the babysitter!

My nights have been preoccupied with projects and such. I feel like there's a lot of life changes happening for us right now- with thinking about moving, turning down a potential job offer, registering for the bar, wondering where we'll end up after that- there's been a lot on my mind.
This week is Spencer's spring break and he'll be spending it the same way he spent last years- fly fishing! This time he and his buddy are heading south to the Smoky Mountains of Tennesse. Spencer's very excited! As for the girls and I, we're also heading south- to North Carolina- to hang out with the Calhouns and Gram! We're super excited about meeting the newest addition to the Calhoun family- who's now 10 days old! Madi can't stop talking about getting to play with her cousins and meet baby Sam!

6 comments:

Terry Family said...

Have a fun spring break! We are headed to Nauvoo for ours! The kids were looking at a US map tonight and said that they want to drive to see Madi and Elle! I guess if we can drive to Utah in one day, we can drive to DC in a day too! Hugs.

JoSue said...

Whoa, sorry for the lack of commenting. I've read all your posts though and am all caught up!

Big changes are headed your way soon! I can't believe it's spring break and Spencer is in the home stretch. I'm glad he's taking a break to go fishing and you taking one also! Have a great time down in North Carolina. I'm sure there will be plenty of sun there! xoxoJo

tylerandmommy said...

Have a GREAT trip and be ready to hang out and hit up ALL the parks and playgrounds when you get back!! SPRING here we come! And definitely take some pics while you are in NC!!! I have some from the other day of Tyler and Madi if you want (haven't even looked to see if they are decent yet though).

Erin said...

Hooray for the arrival of Spring! We are equally thrilled to see the dirty snow melt away.

Hey, I'm coming to DC in April (or perhaps May... it's sort of up in the air.) I'd love to see you! We'll be in touch and I'll let you know when we settle on exact dates.

miss ya!

Erin

Jones Family said...

Looks like you guys have been pretty busy. What happened with the job offer? Was it for DC or So Cal?

The Days of your Life said...

I just caught up on all your posts! Love those darling girls! I need to come see them! We need to plan that cousin party we talked about for the late spring - especially since you are leaving?!?!??!?!?
Call me and we will get together! We don't live THAT far away! I will come to you to make it easier. CALL!
JEnna