
18 lbs. 5 oz.
It was again an action packed month for Elle. I know I always mention her fun, easy going personality but it really is such an amazing thing for me when my first experience as a mom was with a sensitive, opinionated, high maintenance little girl. Elle's much more layed back. She had her real first beach experience this month and even though it was a little chilly with a good wind, she loved every bit of it. She's not afraid to get dirty, loves eating new foods (including sand and leaves), and adapts much easier than her sister did at this age.



She's adored by all who see her. Most common nicknames by strangers at the store are:
doll baby, adorable, and beautiful (the usual baby comments right). But I've also gotten laughs about how she's "the baby that always has her feet up." Elle loves getting comfortable wether it be shopping at the grocery store or eating meals. She likes to hook her feet up on the handle of the shopping cart and on the edge of her highchair tray. I'd never noticed this before people started commenting- figured it should be something I recorded.

Speaking of strangers, Elle's doing much better with meeting new people and being held by someone other than me. She definitely prefers her mommy above all others though. Spencer's had his feelings hurt on more than one occasion when Elle pushed him away to stay with me.
A few of the highlights this past month include:
-Elle sleeping in past 7am! I'm thinking she might be going through a growth spurt or something because Elle's all of a sudden decided she wants to take two hour naps (morning and afternoon) and sleep 12 hours at night (used to be 11). Just hope this is the new norm- it's been fabulous!
-Loving her sippy. Elle's still nursing- mostly due to her dislike of formula (I nursed 9 months with Madi and felt like that was a good amount of time. As much as I'm feeling ready for her to be done, I'm pretty sure Elle will nurse the full year). She'll take a bottle with anything but formula in it. Regardless though, I keep trying. I've found that she'll drink a little bit if I put it into her sippy. Plus I'm hoping it'll make the transition to whole milk easier.
-Sharing a bedroom with Madi. I moved the girls in together on April 26th. The fun lasted for 2 weeks and then I moved Madi out. Unfortunately they'll be back in together Wednesday night and will have to make it work for at least another 2 1/2 weeks.
-Looked at me, smiled, and said mama! Happened only once, might have been a fluke, but I sure loved it!
-"Reads" books and keeps herself entertained for longer amounts of time (can go 45 minutes to an hour). I've been happy to see that Elle loves books like her sister Madi did at this age. It's one of my favorite things- listening to her babbling away to herself while turning the pages of her books. I've tried to get it on video but as soon as she sees the camera she'll stop what she's doing and start laughing.
-Pulling up to standing. She can't pull herself all the way up yet, but she's sure trying and finally liking the whole standing thing. Before this month she would lift her legs into the air anytime I'd try to have her stand.

-Working on crawling. Goes on her knees a lot but then falls to her stomach. Can scoot pretty much anywhere going backwards though!
-2nd hair cut
-First tooth broke though, 2nd followed a week later- she now has her two bottom teeth coming in!






5 comments:
Oh how I love this little girl!! Can't wait to see her and her sister on Saturday:)
Oh...and her mama and daddy!!
xoxoxoMOM
Oh she is SO cute and looking SO big! I love the sand pictures and her killer smile. We are going to miss you guys.
What a purdy lil girly!! She looks like such a spunky little thing!:)
For realz.. shes the BEST baby EVER. I never heard her cry. and I LOVE how she rocks out while she eats! Shes so funny!
For realz.. shes the BEST baby EVER. I never heard her cry. and I LOVE how she rocks out while she eats! Shes so funny!
Post a Comment