It's now been a little over 5 weeks since we arrived in California and have been living at my parents' house. Bar preparation consumes Spencer, and I can honestly say that it's by far the worst test EVER! If I were to combine the intensity of studying Spencer did in years 1, 2, and 3 of law school- this tops all of that! I find myself longing to have a "real" husband again. His short breaks are never long enough and I'm dying to take a family vacation! Luckily this torture will be over in just two weeks! Crazy! It really has flown by though. I know Spencer gets a little stressed when I do the count down, but how can I not be excited that he's only got two weeks left?! While Spencer feels like it's finally coming together, he says he could study for another couple months and still not feel totally ready for the test! His flash card pile is now about 8 inches high and I'm the lucky one who gets to help quiz him at night. I don't know how he remembers all this stuff- after just an hour of flash cards I'm usually falling asleep.

At least it's motivation for Madi to work on her flash cards.
While Spencer's been cooped up inside everyday- rotating his studying from my mom's office, to my dad's office; the girls and I have been playing outside, taking walks to the park, swinging, swimming, laying out, having picnics, eating lots of yummy food (summertime fruits and veggies are my favorite), going to story time at the library, reading, watching Dora the Explorer (yay for finally finding a show that Madi will watch- is that bad that I've celebrated this?), getting together with friends, and having an overall pretty relaxing summer.
The splash park!

Half Moon Bay beach with the Terry cousins



Sink baths are the best!
Mmmm. . . Brentwood corn!!

Only 2 more weeks of studying! Go Spencer GO!!!






4 comments:
wow that really is crazy! i am so excited for you to get your husband back! :) Good luck Spencer! you will do great!
Go, Spencer, Go! We are praying for you!
YAY! I will join your countdown with you! I know you can't wait to have your hubby back! The girls look SO cute and you look like you are having a lot of fun. I love your new header pic btw. AND holy cow that is a biiiig sink! We miss you!
At least you didn't mention the half finished downstairs bathroom that is driving us all crazy!! We love having Madi and Elle here to keep us all busy....and utilize Gram's tubby sink!!
Spencer really is studying nonstop!! He is the BOMB!!
Love you all, xoxoMOM
Post a Comment