Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cousins

Even though this is so last week, an update of our final week in Brentwood needed to be documented- mostly because of it's complete craziness. Tisha and her three kids got into town on Sat, July 24th. As excited as we were about having cousins to play with, reality set in fast. . . five kids, 4 and under, is a LOT of work and a LOT of drama (especially with 2 of them being 3 year old girls)!
Trying to get a pic of all five kids happy, smiling, and looking wasn't the easiest task!

Watching Madi and Ani during our 10 days of togetherness gave me flashbacks of childhood days with my "favorite" cousin Eliza. We were the exact same ages as Ani and Madi (almost exact same birthdays even). I longed for our trips to Portland, OR and/or their trips to Goldendale, WA- just to hang out with Liza. My fondest childhood memories have her in them. But as much as we loved being together, boy did we fight a lot. I'd get angry when she played with Tisha, I'd get annoyed when all the parents thought she was such a "perfect child", and I'd get especially jealous when she wanted to hold my baby brother or sister. I vividly remember yelling at Liza, informing her that she wasn't supposed to touch Bobby because he was MY brother! Of course these memories now make me laugh and realize what a silly little girl I was. Liza went on to be my roommate in college and one of my closest friends. I just say all this to remind myself that Ani and Madi too are going to grow up being the bestest of cousins- even if we did have to break up some type of fight and/or argument every single day!
A sample argument- just cause it always made me laugh:
Ani: "Call me Anzzy."
Madi: "Hi Anzzy"
Ani: "Don't call me Anzzy!!"
Madi: "Hi Anzzy" (starting to laugh)
Ani: "DON'T call me Anzzy!"
Madi: "Ok Anzzy" (now thinking this was the funniest thing ever)
Ani: (seriously ticked) "DON'T CALL ME ANZZY!!!!!"

Along with the teasing, they were also into poking, touching (and then yelling, "STOP touching me), pushing, tattling about the pushing, not sharing, etc. etc. But then the most amusing part about all of it was that if they weren't sitting next to get other, they'd whine until they did get to sit together.

All in all, it was a fun week. Even though the noise was sometimes too much for me to bear, with messes that seriously stressed me out, and constantly worrying that my parents were about to loose their minds, such great memories were made and I'm now confident that we have a good collection of stories for our kids to look back on and laugh at when they get older.

4 comments:

martyrudd said...

Anie....Dad and I laughed until we cried this morning. Even Adley and Ani were laughing at the memories.
Great write up and pictures. We miss you kids!!

GO Gray's said...

Olivia is sitting on my lap yelling, Madi!!! Ani!!! She then said I like them, their my best friends.

Amber said...

I LOVE the pictures! Even if the kids weren't cooperating, those are my favorite pictures. It shows each of their little personalities! I am glad to hear it wasn't all kicks and giggles with other peoples families when cousins come into town. I just assume the kids are going to play perfectly because they have to love each other! Their family...Loved this blog entry! I agree with your mom, great pictures and stories! Thanks!

Doreen said...

Wow! Time flies! I looked at that first picture wondering WHO that little boy was in the pic but quickly realized it's Tisha's youngest. For some reason it doesn't seem that long ago that SHE just had a baby.
I love Madi and Ani's relationship! I can totally see them being BFFs when they're older--with less of the teasing etc. that goes on now :)