Monday, August 16, 2010

Just Playin

Today's our 12th day in Camarillo. Crazy! It really feels like we just got here. Probably cause we've kept ourselves pretty busy- with trips to the beach (5 so far), kayaking, canoeing in the Channel Islands Harbor, the Ventura County Fair, swimming, regular library visits (the Camarillo public library is the best), hanging out with friends, dinners in the gazebo, and backyard bonfires.
It's been super fun just playing all day everyday together as a family. As much as I'm dying to see our "stuff", and get settled in a new home and new area, I realize that times like this might not happen again- at least for awhile. So instead of stressing out over the uncertainty of when Spencer is going to find work, where we are going to live, and when we are going to get all of our stuff back, I've decided I need to relax and just enjoy every minute of the "not knowing". We couldn't have asked for a more perfect time to be in the situation that we are. So here's to living the life- free of obligations and full of family, fun, and freedom!!
Elle would have followed this seagull straight into the water if I had let her.

3 comments:

Tisha said...

LOVE the pics! looks like you guys are having so much fun! you guys just better make sure you're back on the East coast to make it down to NC for the Fair this year...it's kind of a tradition
:0) love and miss you!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys are having a good time! Great pictures.

Terry Family said...

I wish our Camarillo visit could have overlapped with you guys for a few days! The kids would have had so much fun together! Enjoy the PERFECT weather and family time!