We're super excited about it. We love the DC area and are looking forward to returning to our nation's capitol. But with good news there's always bound to be some disappointment. We're very (very) sad about leaving California. I'd pretty much had it set in my mind that we'd get a job out here, live near family, close to the beach, and be able to enjoy beautiful weather year round. I guess those dreams will have to be put on hold for awhile.
So, now our relaxing week has been put on fast forward. We've only got a couple weeks before Spencer has to be back in the office. Our TX trip is going to have to be moved up (hoping to leave Sunday morning now) and turned into a cross-country trip (adding an additional stop off in Kansas). And then of course, looking into housing. Yikes! So much to think about and do- places to visit, friends to see, and a house to look for, find, and move into- all in just a couple weeks. Our goal is to be moved in to our new place by Sept 14th! That's 3 weeks from today. Wow! I didn't realize it would happen all this fast. Wish us luck!
19 comments:
Yay for the future! Isn't it nice to know what is going to happen with your life? We're kind of at a crossroads right now too. We may be joining you in DC next summer. Wouldn't that be fun?! Good luck these next few weeks!
Hurray! This is wonderful news, well at least for all of us out here in DC. Congratulations to Spencer and your family. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. We are really excited to have you guys back out here. Have a safe trip and tell Melissa hi for us. I can't wait for all the pictures from that visit. :)
congrats on the job! Sad to have you clear across the world tho! I'm sure everything will work out! If I know you, you will have each step of the process mapped out and be just fine! Love you!!!
WOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! We are SO EXCITED! You'll be here just in time to meet our new #3! We can't wait! What great news! Sorry about the troubles of a x-country move though... But I'm having a hard time feeling too bad about that part! WELCOME BACK!
UH I THINK IM GONNA FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL ME!
Woot! Don't forget to move back into our ward, alright?
Yay!!!! I'm so glad that the uncertainty is over. (I know it's quite a big word for me Anie)
Well this means that I will definitely be looking for cheap flights to come and visit you!!!
WAHOO!!! I'm super excited to see you guys again. You are moving back into our ward. Right? RIGHT?! You better.
I know you're sad to leave sunny CA. I would be too. BUT, a job is a job and you'll be coming home to friends. :)
Hip Hip Hurray! Can't wait to see you! Good luck on all the decisions and the cross country trip. Hope you find a place to live in our ward...better yet CLARKSBURG!!! Dan was just made the 2nd counselor in the bishopric....crazy busy life!
Oh Nan, it really is a bitter sweet for me....I was looking forward to seeing Madi and Elle again soon and having you all closer. But we have been very earnest in ours prayers and now the Lord has spoken!! I love you all, xoxoMOM
Yay!!! I am with everyone else, move back into our ward. Good luck with the cross country move...we know how those lovely moves are :)
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY! Tyler asked me yesterday if he could go to Madi's house and when I told him she lived in California he said she should go back to her "Real house" so he could play with her. YAY! When do you move back? Want me to see if I can find any Clarksburg listings for you?
Wow Anie! How exciting!!! Come stop by Utah when you are driving across country. So sorry you wont be in Cali but something tells me you'll visit :) Come see us. Even for an hour!!!
The NEW "Real Life" will now begin! I am happy you are able to "move" to a place you already know, and a firm that Spencer already knows. It is all an adventure!
I second everyone's comments... MOVE BACK!!! We are so excited for you guys. I read Jeremy's email to Spencer--it was hysterical. He is really excited if you can't tell :o) Keep us posted on what's going on, if you need a place to stay, etc. I will keep my eyes peeled for cute houses!
That is AWESOME!!! I am trying to catch up on blogs right now since I've been SO behind with this new babe who seems to devour most of my time!! That is so exciting that you guys will be able to start HOUSE HUNTING!! CONGRATS on the JOB!!!!! Spencer's da man!
Shoot - I thought we might get to see you again before you headed out. We will just have to plan a little trip out there. Way to go Spencer!!!!
Anie,
Congrats! I'm so glad Spencer found a job! If you pass through Dallas we'll have to try to see you.
Good luck on the trip, move, etc.
-Becky
sorry for the late congrats. It looks like you are getting some healthy dose of pressure for looking at a house in our ward...:)
Post a Comment