Monday, February 7, 2011

Catching up- last week

My daily journal writing goal isn't going as well as planned. The days are slipping by and I'm already forgetting what in the heck I did. I've been spending a lot of time getting a stake youth choir organized for Youth Conference at the end of June. We'll be singing in the Kirtland Temple and I was put in charge of organizing the program- including choosing the music, inviting selected youth, scheduling practices, and conducting the choir. I had to ask for a little bit of help on the last one. I do love to sing, but I don't read music and have not a clue how to conduct a choir! Should be fun! :)

Other things from last week. . .
Last weekend we had our first house guest since moving back into our townhouse. Adam Kelly flew in on Saturday and left early Monday morning. He was interviewing at a fire department in Virginia Beach. Oh how we would love to have him and Lora move out here! It was fun having him here- the girls absolutely adore Adam.

I also had my last photography class Saturday morning. Sadly, I left feeling less than satisfied. I didn't feel like I learned the type of things I was hoping to learn. And I don't feel like it helped my pictures improve at all.

Last Monday I ordered my blog book for 2009. I had a 20% coupon too (coupon code NEWBLURB for those of you in the process of making one) and got $30 off my book! I've gotta get caught up on the rest of my books- I'm now currently working on Elle's 1st year book. My goal is to have it finished before she turns 2. These books are super tedious and take me forever to finish!

Last Tuesday I taught preschool- just had Madi and Kate. Nothing puts Madi in a better mood than school- I love how excited she gets about it. Then right before nap time, Elle fell down our entire flight of stairs. It probably took a half hour for my heart to stop pounding. But aside from a bruise on her forehead, she had no other injuries. Incredible. I really felt blessed- especially since Spencer had taken the car that morning. Our stairs are super scary and she could have cracked her head open, needed stiches, or worse. Elle and I spent a lot of the afternoon snuggling (mostly for my sake).
This was taken on a different day, but after Elle's incident, all "playing" on the stairs has been banned!

Last Wednesday I took the girls to the Rio for "Shake your Sillies Out" music time. Of course Elle stayed glued to me, but Madi had a great time dancing in the front, making new friends, playing with the parachute, and learning new songs. I love how brave she's gotten.

Last Thursday I taught preschool again- had Kate, Madi, and Tess. They are such adorable little friends. I always have such a good time teaching this little group.

Last Friday I toured the preschool I think we'll be enrolling Madi in for the fall and observed for a little bit. Even though it'll only be 3 half days a week, it made me a little sad thinking about Madi leaving the house, growing up, and going off to school. In just a year and a half she'll be in full day kindergarten! It really does fly by and it hit me hard that I won't be her main teacher after this year.

4 comments:

JoSue said...

I don't know what's worse....stairs or tile. Both have the potential for SERIOUS injuries. I'm SOOO glad Elle didn't get hurt and I"m glad to see you have a carpet runner on your stairs. That probably helped. Poor girl.

I'm so mad I didn't have that blurb code! I'm starting the trio's baby books so hopefully it'll still be good when I order them. I have a question though. In your baby books do you write TO Elle/Madi or ABOUT Elle/Madi. I can't decide which is better. Also, I did all custom layouts in my blog book...you were wondering. I felt like most of the layouts didn't take full advantage of the space and I really wanted my pictures to be BIG!

Good luck with the Kirtland production. You're perfect for the job! xoxo

Doreen said...

OUCH- those stairs are wood too! Good to know about that blurb code. I'm wanting to print some of our blog but I'm nervous. That code will help give me confidence to get started since I know I'll be saving money in the end :)

p.s. Matt got his away rotation at Hopkins!

Cothran Family said...

Thanks for the code, I'm going to check it out. I used one right before Christmas for my first book and got free shipping but 20% is better. Those are long stairs! Scary! And you did get your snow! We still have the same stinkin' snow frozen on the ground. Yuck. I too have always loved how the snow covers all the dead and broken stuff. I loved it when it snowed when we lived at Alamo for that same reason.
Love ya cuz

martyrudd said...

Oh Yes, my sweet Anie...wait until your last little girl starts planning her wedding and prepares to go thru the temple!! My heart is full every day as Karlee and I step ever so close to April 9. I think back to her first day of kindergarten and wonder....where has the time gone.

You didn't tell us about Elle's fall down the stairs!! It is amazing how these little ones take such falls with hardly a scratch. Like when Bobby got run over at 11 months old and the only evidence was the tire treads left on his chubby leg!!

xoxoxoLove you girl, MOM