Madi gave the scripture in Primary on Sunday. Of course Spencer insisted that it be memorized- which Madi did over the weekend. It was adorable. Spencer snuck into the back of primary to tape it.
Does this kind of thing loose its cuteness with the older they get or the more kids you have? I sure hope not. I always think about our other kids (well, Elle and the others we hopefully have one day), and wonder if these little things, like giving a talk or scripture in primary, will be as big of deal as they were the first time around.
While on the subject of Madi and things that are exciting, I should note that Madi earned her final m&m for her jar on the last Saturday in January. That afternoon I took her to Toys R Us to pick out her prize. I told her she could chose anything she wanted. I know, that could've been a dangerous thing to tell a 3 year old, but I already knew what she wanted and it cost $12, so I wasn't too worried. The best part about the outing was listening to Madi as we walked up and down each aisle, "Ohhhh mom, everything is just so beautiful! This is going to be such a difficult decision!"
But just as I knew she would, she choose a Belle Barbie Doll (she got one for her friend's birthday party awhile back and has been wanting one ever since).
Life as been so much easier with Madi lately. She no longer has daily temper trantrums and she's currently obsessed with being the first at everything we do at home. It's great- every morning she's the first one dressed, bed made, pj's folded and put away, hair fixed, and ready to go. And she requires very little help with any of it which is another plus. She also wants to help me with everything- bringing stuff up and down the stairs, setting the table, clearing the table, etc! Madi especially loves the praise she gets from getting all her jobs done. She's funny though- a simple "great job Madi" is not enough. She'll correct me and say, "No mom, why don't you say excellent job Madi." So now I try to stick with excellent and fabulous and amazing- great just isn't good enough!
It's so nice to have my obedient daughter back who loves giving me compliments and is always wanting to please Spencer and I. Life just wouldn't be complete without my Madi Moo!


2 comments:
The scriptures and talks never grow old. Xander just gave his first talk in sacrament meeting and i cried. It's so great to hear their little voices preach the gospel in their own way! We love you Maddie!
Post a Comment